Chapter 6- Turn Around, Don't Drown

*Mark's POV*
"Mark!" Matt screams from the roof. It's the last thing I hear before I go under the water. I'm sinking, but it takes me a minute to register why. My foot is caught in something, so I reach down to set it free. I have to be careful, since I'll break it if I move it the wrong way.

It's also keeping me from getting swept away. Once I set myself free, I feel myself getting pulled away. I make it to the surface, only to realize that I'm much farther than I thought. I can barely see a figure that resembles Matt. He seems desperate, and he looks like he's about to jump in the water to find me.

I need to get back to him before he does something stupid.

I use the debris in the water to launch myself in the direction. I then fight against the waves and put my arms into a swimming motion, and I'm actually moving.

So I can swim?

It takes a while, but I swim to a house right across from the house we were on and I climb it despite how tired I am. I notice that the house I'm on is moving backwards, and I realize that I'll have to jump to the other house without sliding off.

So I jump without hesitation. I manage to land without sliding off and I'm met with a hug.

"I thought you were dead!" Matt says in worry. "You died this way in my dream!"

"Well your dream doesn't know how brothers really are." I explain. "They don't leave their brothers by themselves when they know they can make it back in a way."

"I thought you didn't know how to swim." Matt says.

"I do now." I reply. He points to the strong currents in the waters below us.

"Mind teaching me?" He asks, and  I manage a laugh.

"Not in these waters." I answer, and we wait for the storm to actually end this time.