The beginning of End

The Eye of Avarice, an artifact that can set to absorb mana within its vicinity leaving a certain mana wavelength unaffected. The victims of it always left handicapped as they are unable to use mana in its vicinity.

But for our slime, it's not such a big deal.

She gazes toward the man in black standing in front of her. "You are already aware Shadow... it's not going to work on me." Her cold voice can beings shiver down to any one's spine.

"For someone whose physical strength already on a different level, you may not need it. But what about that?" Returning the gaze, Cid says.

He points toward Rimuru's right hand where she was previously holds a sword, but now a pool of blood is beneath her hand which continuously tries to reach her grasp.

Due to interruption of artifact – Eye of Avarice, the mana circulation throughout the sword has disturbed causing it to loss its shape.

Giving a look at it, Rimuru murmurs under her breathe "Interesting."

I can take Ciel's help to change my mana wavelength but... what fun it will be? And besides, I don't even need it in the first place.

"It doesn't matter." Rimuru says with harsh voice. "I fight with my sword or my fist however you are going to face a defeat."

The crack that was previously present on her mask, now started to spread all over it, and her aura that was concealed by her mask lashes out, as it did a black miasma started to rises from her feet, her fist, her hair.

This is the presentation of how serious she is.

The air started to flee, the ground started to corrode, anything that's come into its contact will starts to eaten away, this is the corrosive effect imbued in the black miasma.

Everyone notices it and can feel the pressure coming out from her, however this is not the time to feel fear, and they readied themselves to face upcoming wave. But things never go as you planed, does it?

In an instant Rimuru vanishes form their sight and leaps toward Shadow, however seeing her fist directly coming at him, he puts his sword between its way.

*tang*

That was the moment when everyone's eyes caught the sight of Rimuru, pushing her fist against the sword of Shadow. At first, it was like a stalemate, the sword was unable to cut through where fist was unable to reach its wieldier

But that was the time when corrosive miasma comes into play. At the contact point, the sword is slowly started to wither away, a crack starts to spread across it until it reaches the other end.

*Snap*

The blade snaps into two and her punch hits Shadow pushing him back few meters away. It can be proofed fatal for Cid if he didn't had block the attack, Rimuru's punch contained more than enough power to destroy modern tanks several times.

"Opps... it seems like I went to far." Rimuru chuckles looking toward Shadow.

Cid hearing her words broke into laughter, "Once alone with power cannot hope to defeat me..." he stated and started to walk in her direction "Let me show you my true strength, the combat techniques and skills that I had mastered once."

And with that they both dashes toward each other, their fist clashes with each another, the dust started to blown away with the air pressure they creates with each punch.

The fight then continues on...

***

Few moments before...