6.

Hi~

Please enjoy.

And don't forget to vote and comment.

Miray lay still and waited, her breath hitching as she watched Noah's chest rise and fall in the soft rhythm of sleep. The dim moonlight filtered through the curtains, casting a gloomy glow over the room. 

She blinked away the tears that threatened to spill, her heart heavy with the weight of her unspoken lies and buried emotions.

In the hushed darkness of the room, her hand reached out to touch Noah's tousled curls, strands slipped through her trembling fingers, echoing the nagging fear in her heart.

Each strand felt like a fragile connection, threatened to be slipped off at any moment, leaving her clinging to the remnants of what once was.

".... and that would never change as long as you're our sister, and that is unchangeable."

But it would... Miray thought bitterly as the words kept echoing in her mind, amplifying the ache in her chest.

It would once they knew the truth.

Miray knew that despite the strong bond they shared, the winds of change would sweep her brothers away, leaving her abandoned in a sea of loneliness.

She shut her eyes tightly, willing herself to block out the hurt, but it seeped through the cracks, consuming her from within.

With a silent prayer, she rose from the bed, her movements slow and deliberate, careful not to disturb the sleeping figures beside her. As she stood, her gaze lingered on Noah then Luke, her heart aching with a sorrow she couldn't name.

"I'm sorry," she whispered to no one, her lips trembling, silently pleading for the pain in her heart to cease... but it remained, an ever-present companion.

"I'm sorry," she whispered again, pressing both her hands over her lips to stifle the sobs, then quickly and quietly slipped out of the room, heading straight for her only refuge.

Rayan.

She hurriedly entered the boys' room and dashed inside, her heart racing with a mixture of fear from the empty hallway and desperate need for Rayan.

She needed him.

She needed his reassurance.

She needed his 'promise'.

"R-Rayan," she cried out into the darkness, her voice trembling with emotion. Her eyes struggled to adjust to the dimness of their room, which was always kept dark unlike hers.

"Miray?" Rayan's voice came from the shadows, a mix of confusion, surprise, and concern evident in his tone. He seemed unsure if he had truly heard her or if it was just his imagination. 

The moment he sat up and she could detect his silhouette in the darkness, she dashed to him and crashed him into a tight hug, clinging to him as if he were her lifeline.

He was.

Rayan's arms instinctively wrapped around Miray's petite body, holding her close with a desperate tenderness that mirrored her own need for comfort. His heart ached with the need to ease her pain.

His pain.

He craved that embrace just as desperately as she did, if not more. Though he yearned for her hugs, his insecurities often hindered him, convincing him he lacked the right to seek them out.