8.

{Kindly, don't forget to vote and comment}

^Luke.

PS: I was listening to Far Away by Nickelback while I was writing this chapter.

.

.

.

.

Miray yearned to join the boys in their game, but the thought of moving made her feel like she might faint and spoil their joy. So, she remained on the bench, smiling at them as she watched them compete against each other.

Rayan wanted to stay with her, but Miray forced him to join the game.

She was happy that at least the bench was within the confines of the court, which brought her a sense of ease, not worrying that someone might sneak up from behind and whisk her away.

Although the boys didn't urge her to play like they always did, they still made sure to involve her, asking her opinion on who performed better and who threw the ball more skillfully.

Miray enjoyed watching the boys play; she admired their skill and knew they learned from the best - Vince

Vince had always excelled in sports and had been passing on his knowledge to Noah since he was young.

He wanted to teach her too, but she always failed him.

With the addition of Rayan and Kaiden to their family, Vince took the time to teach them as well. Ren, always fiercely competitive, eagerly followed suit, determined to match their abilities. And whenever Miray's eyes gleamed with admiration as one of the boys scored, it fueled Ren on even more.

Miray suddenly stood and walked toward the boys, suddenly remembering something important. The boys halted their game as they noticed her approach, meeting her halfway with curious expressions.

"Hey, want to jump in?" Noah offered, bouncing the ball and extending it towards her once they were close enough.

Miray shook her head, her nerves suddenly overwhelming her. She fidgeted, her brows furrowing as she searched for the right words.

"Rei, what's wrong?" Noah inquired, placing the ball in his hip and placing a his other hand on her shoulder while lowering himself to her eye level.

"Yeah," she responded, meeting Noah's concerned gaze. Then, with a gulp and a tone of stress, she continued, "It's just... I have something I want to ask from you all, but..." Her words trailed off, hesitating.

"Sure, go on," Noah encouraged.

Kaiden glanced up at the sunny sky and then at Miray and frowned as she wasn't wearing any cap, "Let's go sit on the bench in the shade, and you can tell us there." he suggested, knowing how Miray's sensitivity to sunlight matched her discomfort with cold.

"Okay," Miray nodded, holding her hands in front of her as she turned to walk to the bench.

Noah followed Miray closely, his hand still resting on her shoulder.

As they settled onto the bench, Miray and Noah took their places on the bench while Rayan and Kaiden sat on the ground in front of them.

"So, what's on your mind?" Noah prompted when Miray remained silent. "Rei, it's just us. You don't have to be so nervous, just tell us," he reassured her, placing his hand on her knee.

Miray took a deep breath and sighed, her hands fidgeting with unease. "I don't know..." she began, troubled. She glanced at each of them before she sighed. "I want to ask you all to do something for me," she finally confessed, catching the boys' attention. "But I don't want you to misunderstand..." Her voice trailed off.