04: miscommunication.

𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞 𝙭 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣
💐

OMNISCIENT POV +*

kenzi sat in her bed listening to music. she had nothing to do. she wanted to smoke but she had no proper equipment for it. the led lights in her room changed colors slowly as white ferrari- frank ocean played throughout her room. she was so happy her walls weren't paper thin and she could have music playing out loud anytime. suddenly she heard a tap. "this song don't got no damn tap" she paused the song so she wouldn't miss her part coming up. nothing changed in her room nothing going on, she hit resume on her music and she sang along.

"i care for you still and i will.. forever" she rocked back and forth as she sang
"that was my partt of the dealll"

mid singing she got a text. kenzi let out a groan. cause who went through her dnd? and who gon make one of her favorite songs pause ? she checked her notifications and it was ddot. she opened the message so quick biting on her acrylic.

BESTIE 🔥❣️

open this window zi

the message hasn't quiet registered in her head by the nickname, maybe this was a sign he wasn't mad anymore and missed her as much as she missed him.

darrian missed her more tho, and he just wanted a answer, he hated looking dumb in front of people, even if it was the harsh truth.

kenzi re read the message. he's here. outside of her window. she rushed over to her window to see him sitting on a part of the roof. and she opened it.

ddot turned his head quickly and he felt a smile creep on his face, he had to let it fade but it was hard. Same for kenzi she wanted to smile, yell bestie like always but.. she couldn't, this was odd, they never was upset with each other on this level.

"stop staring ken let me in" ddot said
"oh my bad" kenzi moved out the way and pushed her curtains farther back. ddot hopped through the window and fixed his jacket. he took a glance at kenzi, and he looked at her up and down. he was high right now and after they talk, he wanted to make up in other ways too. that was the weed tho. kenzi had on a black tank top with black nike pros with fluffy black socks on. kenzi had removed her hair from her bonnet simply for the video on her story so her closure was brushed messily but it still looked good. ddot had taken in all these features and ended up staring at her. she wasn't focused on him for a moment, she was more focused on closing the window and curtains. finally she turned to face him who was standing near her bed and caught him staring.

"kenzi cm here." his voice was low and serious, he was nervous to ask and didn't know how but he told himself he'd try his best without revealing his secret.

kenzi walked over. ddot sat on the end of the bed and kenzie sat in her vanity chair and faced him.

"zi, i'm sorry" he said looking her dead in her eyes. kenzi couldn't take this eye contact for one, also darrian never communicates.. something was different and with that kenzi looked at the wall trying to escape the intense eye contact, when she came back to it he stared at her the same.
"i forgive you.. but why?" kenzi asked carefully
"i was just upset about something that's all." he replies
"but what d, cause you seemed mad at me" kenzi tilted her head and looked him in his eyes.