Four: "𝙄𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩."

"Pity those who don't feel anything at all."
A Court of Thorns and Roses,
Sarah J. Maas

————

"Is he like- dead?"

Dalaric looks at me with a disappointed look which makes me frown.

"He's not?"

He nods and tucks the gun in his waistband.

Oh, no belt today.

He rolls Landon over and kicks him harshly to check if he's awake.

I go a bit closer to the body on the floor, halfway in the room and the hallway. Before I take one more step, Dalarics warm had grabs a hold of my waist and keeps me behind him as he picks Landon up who has a minuscule white syringe in his neck.

"Oooo- what's that? Mini syringes! Can I try?"

Dalaric looks at me blankly as he places Landon on the bed. I go to touch the cute syringe but he stops me again. Now seemingly frustrated. That looks to be the effect I have on people.

He notices my fallen expression and releases my wrist, leaving warm trails on the spot.

"Tranquilizer."

Oh.

I sheepishly smile as he stares at me before he walks to the door and I follow suit. I really don't know where i'm going or what he's doing here. It's still early and i'm shocked at how long that felt.

Dalaric walks towards the top of the staircase and immediately the raving party halts, the music stops blaring and the ecstatic faces in the crowd morphs into a look of petrification. It's like everyone's trapped in a trance as they look up to the man in dark colors and an even darker expression on his face- one that I never see.

He says one word. One word. And like submissive little puppies- no different than me- they all follow. They listen and obey. He seems like a ruler who commands an army. I swallow as the word echoes and bounces around the white and rich walls of the mansion.

"Leave."

His voice does not resemble a commanders, no. It resemble a Kings. A king who's every command is heard, no matter how loud. Why is everyone so scared of him? I smile almost proudly, I'm not scared of him.

He stays standing there and suddenly i'm too aware of all the gazes on me as they leave through the door of the mansion. Someone mutters a small "He's with the fucking weirdo who cuts herself?"

I look down and accidentally see Dalaric's middle finger twitch uncontrollably. I don't know if he doesn't notice or simply is used to it but I don't like the look of annoyance on his perfect face. I walk a bit further so i'm behind him but can see the crowd leaving below. I cover three of his fingers with my left hand and the twitching stops immediately. His hand tenses but relaxes instantly. It feels pleasurably soft in my hands. I slowly massage his knuckles with the top of my fingers and watch as the rest of the crowd just exits.

He looks at me with that same calculating gaze. His beautiful jaw is clenched and I find it really.. hot. I probably look like a stray kitten right now who's drowning in a very large leather jacket. He then continues down the stairs and I almost squeal as he drags me down with him. I use both my hands to grasp his previously twitching hand and look at the transparent stairs as I walk down. Seriously? Glass Stairs?

"My brother's idea." Dalaric grumbles and I just ravish the pleasure from hearing his voice speak more than one word.

"Landon?" He's Landon's brother? He seems to get angry over the mention of his dear brother as his sharp nose flares and I can feel the finger in my palm twitch again.