Thirteen: "𝙈𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙤𝙣."

"After all, when a stone is dropped into a pond, the water continues quivering even after the stone has sunk to the bottom."
Arthur Golden

This is what trauma is. It doesn't always have to be abuse, the effects can linger for a lifetime.
Stay strong. My inbox is always open.

———————

Light pokes incessantly disturb me from my slumber.

Someone's booping my nose.

Only Dalaric's allowed to do that.

I blink open my eyes to see the person who makes my life better-

Oh. Rafael.

I mean, he's nice too. And funny. He does make my life better and I'm thankful to have him has a friend. Friends don't come easily for me.

He grins when I get up while rubbing my eyes to get rid of the sleep cooties.

Rafael goes back to the mirror in Dalaric's amazing room and starts touching up his afro.

"Good morning, munchkin. Dalaric never lets me in here so..." He turns to me and flashes a toothy smile.

"Gotta make the most of it!" He opens one of the drawers which had loads of expensive looking hair creams.

Interesting.

It would be a shame if they were to disappear. And magically appear at my house.

A shame.

Rafael laughs at my state that i'd like to call constipated rabbit. He throws something soft yet heavy at me which sends me back on the bed.

My eyes go wide when it's one of Dalaric's turtle necks. I shake my head and get off the bed, trying to hand it over to an amused Rafael.

I don't think Dalaric would let me take his clothes.

"You drool, munchkin." He nods to my shirt and I frown at the large stain. Nasty Maya who can't even sleep properly.

Rafael pushes me in the bathroom before going to make breakfast.

Oh em gee.

He has an overhead shower and a place where you can sit- inside the shower? Oh my. I grin evilly as I just know I'm going to try every single setting on the shower head. Oo sprinklers!

Dalaric probably won't mind. Well, hopefully.

After spending a good amount of time in the washroom, I walk in the kitchen, clad in Dalaric's turtle neck and leggings. My leggings, not Dalarics. I don't think Dalaric owns leggings. That would be funny.

Rafael is eating pancakes as I check my phone notifications. Dalaric sent me a smiley emoji which means he's on a mission.

"He's running a bit late, don't worry." Rafael continues shoving the pancakes after reading my mind, a sudden worry overcoming me.

What if things went wrong?

I politely decline the plate of pancakes he prepared for me and sit down on the couch, not having an appetite anymore.

"When do you want me to take you home?" He walks over to the couch, plopping down while letting out a burp.

I giggle at how loud it is.

"I'm not going until he comes back." I cross my arms stubbornly and he just sends me an eye roll. I physically can't handle the fact that he might not be okay. There's also a part of me that doesn't want to go back to a place that only harms me.