Fifteen: "𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙧𝙮."

"Usually when someone is angry, we hear their angry words. Instead, try hearing the unspoken: I am scared, I am frustrated, I am insecure, I am vulnerable, I feel threatened."
Charles F Glassman

———————————

"Boss is angry."

Those words rang in my head like those broken tapes the sellers at the thrift stores scam me into buying.

I've never dealt with an angry boss before.

Or an angry angel.

He's there, on the couch. His body is splayed out straight, feet clad in combat boots on the the arm rest since he's too tall and one thick, muscular arm crossed over his face, hiding those electrifying orbs from me. Black cargo pants and black v-neck like this morning. Swoon.

I probably wouldn't have been able to tell if he was angry, if it wasn't for the punching bag on the floor that's detached from its chain. There's also a hole in it and little grains scattered around.

He was angry angry.

But he's my angel so I walk over to the couch and take off my converse, leaving me in socks with tiny little dinosaurs on them. They were on sale.

Since there's no way I can lay beside him, I crawl on top of his strong body until I reach his face. I pop my head through the small space between the arm thats covering his face and his chest. Once my head makes it through, I lay my hands on his chest and stare at him with a smile. His eyes shoot open and I almost sigh in relief. So beautiful.

Dalaric doesn't say anything for a while so I'm not sure if he's still grumpy. That's until he lets out a deep, raspy command that makes me blink twice.

"Get off." Oh.

Okie.

Maybe he is angry. Angry at me.

I crawl back and get off his muscular form, a sad smile on my face as I try to hold in any potential tears if needed. His tone was really harsh.

My brain incessantly skims through the events of today as I stand next to the door, nervously drawing sad faces on my leggings with my converse in the other.

Where did I go wrong?

Now humming the tune of 'How to save a life' by the Fray, I try to figure out what I did to make him this angry.

Did I forget to text him that I was coming here? I check my phone and sigh when i see the last sent message.

On my way (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞ ! The wendy's frosty machine is broken :/
Seen : 17:48

Did I not give him enough cheek kisses today?

Are fifty five of them not enough?

Am I not enough?

I clench my eyes when I think of the only last possible reason.

Does he not like me anymore?

"Stop fucking overthinking." My eyes shoot open at his words. He's sitting upright now, hunched over with his elbows on his knees and his head cradled in his hands.

"Okay." Is all I manage to get out with the lump in my throat. What did I do wrong?

"You need to leave." he says, the words etched with sternness and slight remorse.

"No." He's crazy if he thinks I'm leaving him here, alone and angry when he could potentially harm himself. Dalaric wouldn't hurt an innocent soul so I don't have to worry about his friends. Except for the poor punching bag.