Six: "𝙈𝙧.𝙅𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨"

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. "
Anne Frank

bahookie (informal) - butt

————

"I tried to buy it but there was this old man who snatched- yes, snatched! - it out of my hand. I don't know why he wanted a female size small band t-shirt but to each their own."

I'm currently telling Dalaric all about my thrift shop endeavors. Talking to him is refreshing, no one really listens to me so it's good to be the one speaking for a change. Even though he doesn't actually respond and only nods.

I eat my frosty, which he had refused and look outside the window. Cars are so foreign to me because my mom never had one. With my dad being away in the military, we would always end up taking the bus or a taxi. We didn't go out much as a family.

It's okie, now I have Dalaric.

Dalaric looks at me and catches me staring again. I just murmur a small sorry and continue staring.

We soon arrive at my apartment building and I'm suddenly nervous about letting Dalaric see my house. It's not the most appealing and judging from his car, he's packin' the cash.

Sigh. I'm not embarrassed about my home- I love it. It's where I grew up. It's also where Dad died and makes me feel like he's watching over me. It's also where my ghost of a mother lives, sometimes.

Dalaric opens the door for me and I grab the wendy's bag. We make it to the door of the building and he opens that for me too. I like this 'opening doors for me' thing because it makes me feel like a princess.

I enter first and clench my eyes shut when i hear the landlords voice.

"Ey' girlie! Here with a man 'eh? Just like your crazy whore of a mother!" He laughs at his own joke and I shut my ears using my hands while making it up the stairs.

Dalaric doesn't move but instead sends a petrifying glare to the Landlord sitting on a chair in front, shutting him instantly. The much prettier man then walks towards his prey and my eyes go wide.

I run back down the stairs and grab his twitching hand. With all my force, and some of Dalaric's, I get him up the stairs and away from his potential victim.

"You can't just do that. He'll increase our rent." Dalaric furrows his brows and removes the forgotten hand that's covering my left ear. I smile in return before we reach the door.

I struggle with finding my keys since I always put them in a random pocket. Dalaric puts his hand on the pocket situated on my left butt cheek to take out the keys and my cheeks go red.

He just touched my bahookie.

I put the keys in quickly so he doesn't see the red flush on my cheeks. He opens my door for me and lets me go inside first. Oh.

I can't help but be grateful that mama isn't home. It looks lively, somehow and I don't want to think about how it would look like if she was here.

"Do you want something to eat?" He scans my kitchen and the empty shelves speak for themselves. He shakes his head.

Silently thanking him, for not asking for food, with a smile, I lead him to my bedroom.

A boy and my bedroom don't sound right together.

He walks in and gives it a scan, looking as if he doesn't notice there isn't a closet or dresser or anything except my bed.

He stares me at points one thick finger to his hair. I tell him to sit on the carpeted floor while I sit on the bed, my legs on either side of his body. Gulp. This is the closest I've ever been to the male specimen, let alone a burly assassin.