Eleven: "𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜."

"It's not always necessary to be strong, but to feel strong. "
Jon Krakauer

I yelp when his hand moves towards his gun. The man has a blue hearing aid in his ear and I get momentarily distracted.

"That's so pretty!" Stupid Maya always saying the wrong things at the wrong time. But it is pretty.

"The fuck you on about?" His brows are furrowed and his lips are pulled back in a snarl.

"Y-your hearing aid. It's pretty. I like it. I like blue." I compliment before my confidence vanishes.

His hand grasps the gun in his belt. My confidence has now vanished. He stares at me in confusion before hiding it from my view.

"Uh.. okay. Weirdo." He mumbles the last part but I hear him. He's funny. He looks flabbergasted for a second before letting me into the warehouse. I should tell Dalaric to upgrade his security because this man just let a weird girl into an assassin joint.

The man has black hair with some blue strands, he's also wearing all black except for white sneakers. We walk to the lounge where the chatter doesn't stop this time. I hide behind his back because some people are staring. He turns to me, blocking me from the crowd's view and looks at me skeptically.

"You here for Ricky?" He speaks Dalaric's name with respect. As he should.

"Um-yes. Yeah." I nod my head, probably looking like a bobble head.

The guy-I really should learn his name- walks to the office. He doesn't wait for me to go in first and lets the door almost hit me.

Note: Not everyone's like Dalaric.

I expect to see him there , in the rolly chair signing some papers but the office is empty. I sit on the couch while the guy stands by the door, eyeing me down.

"What's your name?"

"Jan."

"Nice name! My name's Maya." I give him a smile but it isn't returned.

A few minutes of silence pass us before the door opens, revealing an angry Fatima.

"Did you let her in? Are you crazy!? You're the head of security!" She screams at Jan. Fatima's wearing a dark grey hijab today as well as a matching tracksuit. I think monotone outfits are a thing here.

I look down to avoid her distaste at me being here. Makes sense though, I would steal the rolly chair.

"Hi Fatima! Nice to see you too! I let her in because I can, now leave." He folds his arms across his chest and sits next to me on the couch , throwing one arm behind me lazily.

"I'm telling Boss." Fatima deadpans, threateningly.

"Okay and?" Jan seems bored, his eyes are shut as he leans back into the sofa.

Fatima sighs before opening the office door to leave, just after Jan mocks her,"My name's Fatima and I'm a big, big snitch!"

She throws a huge stack of post it notes on his face, which leaves him groaning and clutching his extremely read forehead. That's violent.

She's only angrier when she leaves the office.

"You guys have a nice friendship." I smile at him after handing him a few tissues from my pocket. There's a slight scratch where blood drips.

Yikes.

"We don't," Jan rolls his eyes. "This was your fault anyways." My fault?

"I don't think it was my fault that you didn't do your job." I cross my arms stubbornly. I dislike it when people blame things on me.

DalaricOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara