Chapter 15: My Orange Soaked Jacket

Hailey's P.O.V.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" I shrieked as I felt myself collide with the unmistakable feeling of a solid chest. The liquid in my cup rocked back and forth dangerously, as my drink splashed across Alex's suit jacket and the neatly pressed pants of the man I had run into.

"Woah," A deep voice said. The man's arms extended on impulse as he helped steady me, "Are you alright?"

I looked up at the man for the first time and was immediately taken aback by his beauty. There was a certain ruggedness to his look that did not match his careful touch supporting my weight in my too-tall heels.

I found myself at a loss for words as I stared up at the man, my mouth falling open stupidly like a gaping fish, "I uh-" I stuttered, embarrassing myself further, "I'm so sorry!" I tore my eyes away from his and focused on the bright orange stain splashed across his light grey pants.

His eyes followed my line of vision down to his pants, "Oh don't worry about it," The man chuckled with ease, "I'm sure QT has a tide pen in her purse or something..." He trailed off, mumbling to himself.

My cheeks turned pink, "Oh, I uh- I don't have a tide pen"

The man stared at me blankly.

Slowly, the corners of his mouth rose into an unmissable smirk as he coughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck, "Uh yeah, yeah, sorry- I uh, I was talking about my friend Blaire... we uh, we just call her cutie"

My cheeks burned red, "Right, right, of course"

Hailey, you're such a fucking idiot.

"But uh, what's your name?" The man smirked, a new interest dancing in his eyes.

Trying to power through the tension that lingered between us, I bit down on my lip and confidently reached a hand out to shake his, "I'm Hailey, and you are?"

A tight-lipped smile flickered on his mouth, "Hasan. Do I know you from somewhere? You look awfully familiar..." He trailed off narrowing his eyes at me, as our hands shook lightly.

The flirtatious smile immediately dropped from my lips as I was quickly reminded that tonight, I had a boyfriend.

"Um-" I fidgeted uncomfortably, "I don't think we've met before...but you may know my boyfriend? Karl Jacobs."

Hasan's face immediately morphed into one of surprise as his look of interest instantly vanished, "You're kidding. You're dating Jacobs?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line, "Uh yeah, seems that way..."

Hasan's face broke into a large grin at my words, "Now I know where I recognize you from. You were trending on Twitter yesterday."

My face glowed with heat at his words as my eyes cast down to my silver pumps, "Yeah... I feel very famous all of a sudden" I chuckled uncomfortably with a bit more hush in my voice than originally intended.

Hasan seemed to notice my change in mood, as I glanced back towards him and a sorrowful expression of curiosity lined his lips. He raised his eyebrows in surprise as he asked, "I take it you're not pining for the life of an influencer?"

I shook my head honestly. I'm not sure if it was the slight buzz I felt from the joint I had just bummed off a stranger outside or Hasan's comforting presence, but I was soon lulled to tell him the truth, "No, no... I am most certainly not."

Hasan nodded his head thoughtfully, his features revealing nothing. After a moment of comfortable silence, the raw honesty of his voice sounded through my ears, "I can see why Karl likes you"