Chapter Seventeen - Luna

✰✦✰ Chapter Seventeen ✰✦✰" Luna "

" Luna "

"YOU CAN SO do this," I gently fist-bumped Scarlett's shoulder with a nervous smile.

I knew she'd never done an interview before and even though I knew nothing about how to prepare for them or. . .well, anything about them, literally, I thought a little emotional support would help. If I could calm her obvious nerves for even a second, I would do it.

Scarlett took a shaky breath and I could practically taste the anxiety in the air. "I'm going to throw myself out the window if I seriously have to go through with this."

I chuckled. "Don't be silly! That'd hurt too much and you couldn't do the interview!"

She turned around and gave me a look that said get there faster, Luna.

At first, my confused frown began to hurt slightly. Until I finally realised what she'd got at and a stupid-sounding Ahhh escaped my lips. After that, I cringed and told her, "I'm sorry. I hoped you'd not have to do this." I lifted my fingers crossed my middle fingers over my index fingers. "I'll be praying for you!"

Scarlett's expression of pure tension lifted just a bit and she smiled like my being there was a relief. In fact, I could feel her solace ease onto me. "Thank you, Lun. I just hope for your case that we won't have to spend too much time here. I'm ready to go back home and sleep."

We'd travelled all the way to Tempora Isle by ship and had arrived at the HOI's Government house.

I rubbed her arm comfortingly and said, "I'll stay here as long as you'll have me."

"Oh," Scarlett pulled me into a hug and squeezed tightly, like if she did so enough then it would glue her to me and she wouldn't have to do the interview. To be truthful, I didn't entirely know what it was she was so worried about. Had she met the interviewer before and hadn't liked her? Had she seen the questions already and not prepared herself? Even if those suggestions sounded ridiculous, I had no idea what to expect and I wasn't even the one doing the interview. I couldn't even begin to imagine how nerve-wracking this had to be for Scarlett.

"You'll be alright," I soothed her as she pulled away again. "And I'll be right there next to you if you need me again."

"Thank you," she whispered before the doors behind her opened and revealed a Guard.

"Your Majesty?"

Scarlett raised her chin confidently. If I hadn't seen her walls of defence crumble a little just now I might've believed her. "Let us in then," she urged him.

Once the doors slammed shut behind us, I took a quick scan of the room. It was a marble floored room with a fireplace in the far front and a couple chairs and sofas that had side tables decorated with flowers. A camera crew that had large equipment with them stood behind one of the sofas on which a woman with red hair and black glasses sat. She looked more elegant than I did. I glanced down at myself. My red dress wasn't bad at all, I looked fine.