Chapter Twenty-Four - Sarinne

✰✦✰ Chapter Twenty-Four ✰✦✰" Sarinne "

" Sarinne "

"AND YOU'D BE mine forevermore!" Luna and I cried out in unison, our laughs pouring into each word. I was fully aware of our lack of sobriety yet couldn't care less for it. Dancing and singing on the floor of the pub I once worked at—a pub where I was unable to spot my former boss—was much better than having to think about returning to a place where my grandparents knew I now lived.

Here, I was safe.

Luna cupped my face and sang the lyrics, "Without any need to treat me like some kind of chore!" I laughed maniacally at the sound of her disturbingly bad singing voice. The classical music continued and people began filing out of the pub, shooting me and my wonderful blond friend dirty looks. "What do you want?" Luna hissed at them and then, noting her rudeness, clapped a hand to cover her mouth.

But I simply couldn't stop laughing.

"Okay," Jacks came up from behind, towering over me as he placed a gentle hand on my back, "I think it's time to go."

"No," I pleaded, planting my hands on his chest, "Jacks, you're too handsome to force us out of here when we're having a good time."

"I'm too handsome?" He beamed down at me.

I cocked my head, patting his like a dog. The world around us swam with blurriness."Yes, but don't let that inflate your ego even further, it could get very dangerous."

Luna awed us loudly, chuckling. "You two are the cutest!"

Miles smirked mischievously, like he knew something I didn't. "Aren't they just?"

"No way!" I exclaimed, outraged. "Have you seen him?" Facing my friends, I went on, leaning against Jacks's lovely body. "He's too attractive to be a good person!"

Jacks's grin sounded in my ear when he said, "Well, I think this conversation is brilliant."

Miles breathed a laugh, "She'll hate you in the morning, mate."

"No more than usual."

"What are you two talking about? I don't hate Jacks."

He whispered to me, "That's the alcohol talking, sweetheart."

"No, it isn't," I tutted, turning to look at him again. Oh, he had a gorgeous face. Such a fine jawline, such glorious jade green eyes and pinkish lips that were so. . .

Just as I thought of them, they tipped up into a teasing smile. "Are you alright there, Astor?"

"Oh, don't call me that," I said softly, "Stick to "sweetheart", I like it much more."

His cheeks blushed faintly and it made my stomach float with a million different animals. He was so much more special than Darius or Miles—I saw something—something bright—in Jacks; something I could never spot in the other boys; something I'd never spotted in anyone else. In his presence, he puzzled me more than any person had, but he made me think things I'd never dreamt of; never believed anyone could think of someone in their whole life. Much less someone like me; someone who'd been slashed so many times I didn't know who'd been handed the knife to next.