Chapter 37: Holy-Demonic Clash: Timely reinforcements

3rd POV:

After reassuring his master of his situation, Diablo clapped his hands twice for the smoke from the blast to dissipate, revealing the unharmed, but flabbergasted journalists.

It seems that when the Seven Luminaries tried to eradicate the evidence of their crimes by incinerating them alive, Diablo chose to act by creating a strong protective barrier around them

"Impressive..." Sweating, Saare couldn't resist but compliment Diablo's power.

Diablo smirked, as he watched the frustration on the Luminaries' faces while showing a look of mockery at their foul attempts.

"How is it? You now know that you can't do anything about those living evidence." He taunted, angering his enemies even more as the journalists debated.

"J-just now, did they try to kill us?!"

"Why? They are the Seven Luminaries, aren't they great, old heroes?!"

"True, but you saw that with your own eyes! They tried to incinerate us to ashes on the spot, but it's the servant of the demon lord that saved us..."

Listening on the side, Diablo chuckled that his plan was proceeding as he had planned.

The reason why he didn't kill the Luminaries at first sight not only is to properly turn Saare from their side, but to also gather evidence clear enough that third parties could also know and spread it over.

Now that the Luminaries' actions were the last straw, nothing stopped him from justifying playing with their feeble lives in his hands.

"Do not worry, you all." He looked at the frightened, yet unsure journalists. "Your security is safe in my hands, I assure you."

Although their lives were just rescued by the demon, some of them are still perplexed about his motives as they speak out their questions.

"But demons seek exchange in something for any sort of deal, right? What may you wish for us to give?" A young journalist asked.

"Ah, that." He replied, "I do not seek wealth, nor fortune. I only want you to retain the truth of the Archbishop's murder and all the truths, including this conflict, and to make it to the world as grand as possible."

"I-is that all you need?"

"Of course, I have no intention of lying."

Hearing this, the journalists happily celebrated, promising to fulfill the promise on their end after making it out of this mess alive. Which isn't exactly a pleasant thing for the Luminaries to know.

"Tch, demon manipulator." A Luminary insulted, but Diablo put no mind to it.

"Says the one who orchestrated this whole ordeal." He returned.

Realizing the term 'orchestrated', the primordial remembered Edward as the said individual now was trying to get to the journalists' sides for protection, being the coward he is.

"Except you, false king, for you are not worthy." Diablo warned the human with venom in his voice, not hiding his utter disdain for his existence.

"W-why?"

"Your actions said otherwise. Above that, did you forget what did you try to call of my lord? I do not take open mockery of him lightly as he does usually."

Remembering his disrespect and laughs at the demon lord, Edward finally understood how he had dug his own grave while proceeding to kneel down and beg for his survival.

"Maybe ending your life cycle here would be a way to remake your clay brain and start thinking logically..."

"W-wait! Please, I can give you anything! Wealth, fortune, fame, my power and throne, everything! Please save me!" He begged like a loser, desperate to live.

Originally, Diablo did not plan to spare him at all. But after listening to him, he would allow a negotiation of this matter between them.

"You say, that you would give your throne for your survival?" He questioned the kneeling Edward, and the latter nodded his head with tears in his eyes.

"Now saying, don't you think that someone would need to take over? I believe that at the moment, the hero Youm is upholding his duties to protect the former king, no?" Slowly walking towards Edward, he tapped the floor with his gigantic claws as he spoke.

"Wouldn't he make a perfect successor?" Leaning towards the cowering man, Diablo said with temptation in his voice, showing his demon attributes.

Understanding what he meant, Edward immediately made his promise.

"Y-yes! Absolutely, I see that in this conflict he had great skills as a fighter and a leader!" He quickly said, before turning to the journalists.

"H-hey! I want to declare Youm as my true successor to my throne after this! Could you make an article on this matter too?" He declared.