𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

I couldn't sleep after subh prayer, I had slept the whole day after we returned from the hospital and the night too. I was feeling much much better.

I watched the sunrise with a novel in my hands, accompanied with the chirping of birds. It was peaceful and I liked it. That's why I prefer summertime. I'm assured that the sun will rise or set but in winter, the weather is not so great for this. Though, I still like it.

I heard my room door squeak open and I knew it was Hashim, it's just both of us in the house after all. I heard him come out into the balcony and I turned my head slightly to look at him.

"Here you are".

"Good morning". He came to sit on the chair next to mine.

"How are you feeling?". He pressed his palm to my forehead.

"Much better". I returned to the book after he pulled his hand away.

He stood up a minute later and left without a word, he didn't return for a while and when he did open the door, almost immediately the scent of eggs hit my nostrils. I immediately felt hungry, even though I had already taken two cups of tea.

He showed up in the balcony with a small tray and took his seat once more. A perfect breakfast, with the perfect sun and Hashim.

I didn't want it to seem like I was eagerly waiting to eat the food so I looked down at the book once more but almost immediately he took it from my hands.

"You have to take your drugs now, eat". I picked up the plate.

"Have you eaten?". I asked him.

"I drank coffee". I looked at him then back at my plate.

"You don't expect me to invite you to eat my food, right?". He stared at me then bursted out laughing.

"Eat". He said after he was done.

He watched me eat the food for some minutes then he leaned back in his seat.

"Aha, I've never taken you anywhere before. We're going on a date in the evening". I finished chewing what was in my mouth first then turned to look at him.

"Why?". He looked at me with the look that said 'should I really answer that?'.

"Because". He said simply.

"Can't you just cook something for us?". He laughed, even throwing his head back.

He looked carefree as usual, then he also had this boyish look which I've noticed when he's sheepish. He looked handsome and his laugh was nice.

"Dun ki samu meh Miki abinci koh". He said after he had calmed down.

"I understood very little of what you just said". That's a lie, I don't usually lie but something made me say it. Though, you know those times when you lie but not to exactly deceive the person but to joke or be humorous.

"And she's Hausa". I shrugged.

"Well, we're still going anyway". I decided not to argue with him. I was actually looking forward to the date.

I turned back to look at the sun that was no longer pale but turning bright and very soon too hot to go out.

"Aren't you going to eat?". I asked not looking at him and pushed another forkful in my mouth. He didn't reply so I turned to look at him smiling at me. I rose my brows at him.

"Feed me".

"I told you I'm not sharing". He didn't say anything but simply stared at me and since it was remaining only little left, I held the fork to his lips and he smiled before opening up.