𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦

Hey! I just want to say thank you for making it this far.

///////////////

I'm sick again, I don't think my body understands how I hate being sick but I had a feeling this one will be longer because this condition is a totally different one.

I have been pregnant before, twice. Even though not in the best circumstances, I still have and I know what and how I felt. I'm feeling it again.

That feeling of togetherness, something moving slightly, you'll think you're imagining it, the nausea, the stupid hormones, mine is not as bad as halima's. The hate for a particular scent and now, I figured it's Hashim's. As much as I would like to hold him to myself when he comes home today, after two days of being with khadija, I couldn't bear the scent of his perfume and some of mine, which I had stopped using.

But then again, I couldn't be so sure. It might just be me imagining things and I still had to go to the hospital, to finalise everything.

I was in the living room watching something on TV and also using my phone, then I heard the gates open then his car drive in. I have become familiar with the routine and I loved it, the anticipation and suspense.

The front door opened, he dropped his keys on the console and came further into the living room. The couch I was on was backing him, so he came and bent over me and kissed my forehead.

"Hey baby". He greeted rounding the couch to come sit beside me.

As he did, I felt the spaghetti I ate for lunch threatening to be let free. I placed my palm over my nose, I didn't want to but I tell you, my mind and body are not in agreement, they never are.

He paused in trying to hug me with an amused expression.

"Do I smell?". He said with a little scoff and I wanted to laugh at him.

"No".

"Then give me a hug". He tried pulling me in his arms but I moved away.

"Daliah. Stop playing".

"I'm not. I don't like you cologne, take a bath first".

"Why? You didn't have a problem with it before".

"Yes, I'm sick so I feel nauseous". His expression turned to that of worry.

"You didn't tell me that". He pressed the back of his hand on my forehead to feel my temperature.

"I'm not that sick, but I'll go to the hospital for a check-up".

"Woah, my baby is all grown. This should be the first time you're suggesting to go to the hospital yourself". I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Okay, go and take a deep bath now and don't use your perfumes". He didn't argue anymore.

I went to the kitchen to start prepping dinner then he came back all fresh, but he had used my perfume instead.

"Can't you just stay without smelling like anything?". I said and he shrugged and came to hug me.

"You still smell like yours". I sniffed his neck.

"I use it everyday, so obviously I'll still smell like it". He released me and we made dinner together and after ate.

The next day, we left together in the morning for the hospital. We had to wait a little before finally getting tests done then he said we should go to his office then come back later for the results.

The building had that look of being unfinished but when you look properly, you realise that it was meant to be that way, that's how the look should be. He explained that Adnan, his friend is an architect.