𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, I was wondering if we had missed prayers. I reached for the phone on my bedside table and was surprised to see Baba's name on the screen. I picked the call and placed phone to my ear. I looked out at the balcony and it was still dark.

"Salamualaikum Baba, is everything alright?". I asked. I felt Hashim shift beside me.

"Wa'alaikum salam, you haven't woken up to pray". I pulled my phone away from my ear, it was actually a little past prayer time.

"I slept through my alarm". He was just waking me to pray.

"Can you come to Abuja?". I sat up then.

"Why, is everything okay?".

"Yes, I just need you to come, it's.. urgent".

"Uhm, okay I'll tell Hashim and we'll come during the weekend".

"I'll send my driver to bring you today and Hashim can come during the weekend". Okay now he's scaring.

"Baba are you sure everything is alright, just tell me what is it".

"Don't worry, I'll tell you when you come. Go and pray now dear". He hung up after reminding me the driver would come, leaving me confused.

"Is everything alright?". I turned to Hashim, I didn't even notice he had woken up and even sat down.

"I don't think so, but Baba says I need to come to Abuja". He was quiet for a bit then he touched my arm.

"I'm sure everything is alright". I nodded.

We prayed together then he said he'd call Baba to tell him to tell the driver not to come as he'll be coming with me. I started packing a small box of just what I'd need for a trip.

We left after breakfast, I couldn't help but worry about what was happening and Baba not saying anything didn't help matters, I called halima but she also didn't know what was wrong.

"What are you thinking about?". Hashim asked but I forced a smile.

"Nothing". He held my hand.

"I'm sure everything is alright, he just probably wants to see you or talk about the work he mentioned before right?". I nodded.

I still didn't feel any better. When we got home, everyone was there, except halima. Baba didn't exactly look like anything was wrong and everyone looked fine, so I decided that I was just fretting over nothing and it was probably Baba's ploy to get me to come to Abuja or something.

After lunch, he told me to come to his study and I did. We sat on the couches in the room.

"Daliah..". He called, that spine chilling one and I stared at him.

"You should know that this came as a shock to myself". Something was wrong then.

"What is it Baba".

"It's your father". I looked at him confused.

"What happened?".

"H.. he's in the hospital". Hospital morgue?

"I don't get you Baba".

"I only found out days ago when I got a call and he asked for you". He asked for me? I doubt dead people could do that.

"Baba what are you saying, he.. he's dead isn't he?".

"That's what I thought. I even attended his funeral but wallahi daliah, I saw him yesterday. He's not exactly fine but he is alive". I shook my head not wanting to believe him. How is this even possible.