𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜

I was back in Baba's house again after two weeks at halima's house. I came back to rest after working my butt off at the naming ceremony and Eid. Hashim and khadija are coming back today too. I don't know if I'm happy or not, but I definitely know I'm not sad about it.

I hadn't eaten anything since in the morning and I was somewhat hungry so I went to the kitchen and got out cupcakes from the fridge and a bottle of malt too. I put the cupcakes in the microwave and as I poured the malt in a cup, the doorbell rang. That has to be them.

The microwave dinged indicating the cakes were done, I heard loud excited voices from the living room. I got out cookies and arranged everything on a plate and picked them to go out when the kitchen door was opened.

"Hi Daliah".

"Hello".

"How have you been?". I shrugged.

"I need to speak with you". And it can't wait?. I stared at her.

"I want to know where you worked before you married Hashim". I looked at her unbelievably.

"Why?".

"Look, I don't want Hashim getting hurt, he doesn't deserve to be and the kind of place...".

"Excuse me?".

"Just answer the question. I only have Hashim's best interests in mind".

"I don't think I'm obliged to answer you". The plate in my hand was shaking, threatening to fall.

"It isn't a hard question though, except.. it's true".

"I think you should mind your business". I was really pissed. She comes back from wherever and just starts bitching around.

"I just want to know, why..".

"To hell with you and your question". She looked taken aback. I saw Hashim come in.

"What's going on here". I sighed, dropped the plate on the counter and made my way towards the door but he held me back.

"Daliah, I asked something. What's happening". He looked between both of us.

"Nothing, I was just asking her something but I think she didn't like that". Khadija said sweetly.

"Daliah?". He looked at me again.

"Tell her to mind her business". I told him and his frown deepened.

"You two are arguing in Baba's house, what do you want him to think?". I pulled my arm out of his grasp.

"Just tell her to stay out of my business". I left them in the kitchen and went up to my room ignoring Baba's call if I was okay.

I had never been this pissed in a long time, my whole body was shaking with rage and I didn't think I could stay a second longer with them, so I pulled a box out and threw a few things in and went downstairs.

"Daliah?". Baba called.

"Halima called, I'm going to her". I said quietly looking for faruq's keys.

"Let me drop you off". Faruq said standing up and I looked at them having found the keys.

"Don't bother. Goodnight". I pulled my box with me and left for halima's house.

I was thankful halima didn't say anything to me she simply wished me a goodnight and I went to her room. I sat on the floor beside the bed, my knees drawn up to my chest, my arms wrapped around them. I felt alone, even though I wasn't.