Chapter 13

No POV; Royal Palace Cells:

Anastasia's breath hitched in her throat, and the air around them turned Hot....

(Play the song 'Arcade' by Duncan lawrence)

The Queen slowly neared the girl. She crouched down silently and wrapped her hands around the bars in front of her. Both of their hearts were so loud it was audible over everything. Alaia was confused, but felt a strange wave of comfort and peace in the presence of this.... woman.

The Queen looked at the girl, taking in all her features. When she looked down at the bars she used both hands and pulled the whole door off. She threw the metal to the side, the sound not breaking neither of them out of this trance.

The Queen neared the wide eyed girl. Slowly she raised her hand to Alaia's cheek, and placed it on her cheek. As soon as her skin connected, they both felt a massive weight they didn't know was there, lift off of their chests. Alaia gasped and her hands started trembling, she felt some sort of bond within her form, tighten, and lock in place, she breathed heavily and looked into the woman's eyes. A tear slid down her cheek and she hoarsely said one word,

Alaia: M-m... mother?

The Queen's heart pounded harder and tears welled in her eyes. She slowly and carefully wrapped her arms around the girl's neck and hugged her. As soon as Alaia relaxed in her embrace, something happened.

(Play 'Chandelier- Piano Version' by Sia)

A whirling whirlwind, of multicoloured energy enveloped them all, swirling around them rapidly and quickly. But, it wasn't destructive, it was powerful, and also warm and inviting. It fully covered the two hugging, and radiated off of Alaia's skin. A tentacle of the energy shot out of the tornado, and wrapped around the king, pulling him through the air closer. He dropped to his knees once within the whirlwind, and rested his forehead on Alaia. At that, the energy then sped up.

Alaia looked up slightly, in the woman's embrace. The colours darted around the room, and formed into.... crowns? On top of the man and woman, was a third of a crown each. She then looked up and a huge golden piece above her own head. All three pieces then flew to the centre of the room and combined into one, the crown floated back above Alaia again, before dissipating. Alaia relaxed, but a little too soon.

Their reunion was cut short when Alaia's body began to rise into the air before the King and Queen. Her body floated in the air and she was facing them looking horrified. Her body began to feel like it was being pricked by hundreds of little needles. She looked at the Queen desperately.

Alaia: W-what is happening to me, it h-hurts!

The Queen and the King shared nervous glances but didn't do anything, the King then said,

King Lucierre: Y-your the prophecy child...... your body is accepting the mark that you will bear on your arm now that you've met us...

Alaia's eyes just widened,

Alaia: N-no no, there must be some sort of mixup, i-i-i'm just a-

Right on cue, she then stopped and let out a piercing scream, her voice wavered and the force of the scream started to bend the bars of the cell closest to her. She looked down at her arm and slowly the mark of some sort of ancient writing, was burning into her skin. The pain was becoming unbearable, and to energy draining for her weak, enervated body to handle at that moment. She looked to Anastasia and cried out,

Alaia: MOTHER, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

At Alaia's words, tears dropped down Anastasia's cheeks, and despite her knowing she had to just let it continue, Lucierre still had to keep a firm grip on her arm to keep her in place. A few seconds later, the mark had fully formed and Alaia's whole body went limp midair. The king kicked into action and sprinted underneath her limp body.