Home (Luke)

With less than an hour of sleep the night prior, the purple bags under my eyes were prominent. I blew a huff at my reflection, not very satisfied with my looks. I ran my fingers through my hair and checked my make up before making my way out the door.

As I walked into the airport, my stomach dropped. There was a pit in it, and I could feel the nerves building up over how anxious I was.

I followed the signs above me to the correct terminal and gate, glancing at the time on my phone. I stood near the exit, where he would get off the plane. I was so anxious but so excited. I had been dating Luke for now over six months, but it still felt like I was going to be seeing him for the first time.

I paced small circles since I wasn't able to stand still. I glanced at my phone, seeing there was only minutes standing in my way.

Soon people became to come out of the exit and I skimmed the crowd for Luke. A dozen people passed me before I saw him walking towards me.

His black bag hanging off his shoulder wearing his snapback and black jean jacket. We made eye contact and both broke out into smiles. I walked towards him slowly as he walked towards me.

He dropped his bag as he approached me, "Hi," he said softly, almost like he was shy to see me again. I responded by wrapping my arms around him tightly, letting the butterflies take over my stomach, and the heat rush to my cheeks.

"Hi," I said with my head buried into him. I didn't know how much I longed for his hug until now. I never wanted to leave his arms, they were my safe place. They were my home.