Better Days (Ashton)

It had been a really rough day. It felt like everything was working against me.

Nothing has gone my way since I opened my eyes this morning. (And it was earlier than I wanted to be awake, let me add.)

It was true, when it rained.. it poured. That saying was also taken literally today because it really did pour down rain.

Finally I walked in the front door of my house. I let out a deep sigh which alarmed Ashton who was typing something, probably an email, on his laptop.

"Well hello," Ashton said with almost a chuckle. Confused as to why that was the first thing I did when I walked in the door.

I gave him a half smile as I took off my shoes and put my keys down.

"What's wrong," he said frowning, now seeing my bad mood.

"Really long day," I said casting my eyes to the floor.

He got up and padded across the living room, pulling me into a much needed hug.

"I'm gonna take a shower," I said as he placed a kiss on the top of my head and then resting his chin.

I pulled from his warm embrace, almost going right back to him because he was the only thing to make me feel better.

When I got out of the shower, I could smell dinner being made. I changed and made my way out to the dining room where I saw Ashton had set two plates with chicken and pasta. He also had poured us a glass of wine.

"Thanks babe," I said with a light smile, making my way to him and placing a quick kiss on his lips.

He told me about his day over dinner and while we were doing the dishes. I wasn't ready to talk about my day quite yet.

But once we were laying in bed, cuddled up to each other I finally spoke up.

"I feel like I never do anything right. It's like nothing works out in my favor because I just don't deserve it. No matter how hard I try, or what I do, I just don't fulfill my goal."

I told him about how I messed up at work, and my boss got mad. How my parents weren't happy I didn't get the raise offered at work.

"I feel like I just am no good at anything," I said laying my arm over his stomach, barely clutching the fabric of his tshirt on the side of his hip.

"That's false. You put so much effort into everything you do. I know you feel bad about it today, but tomorrow you'll try again because you always keep trying. You get up when you get knocked down. You're good, no you're the best at making me smile. You're the best girlfriend, and there are so many good qualities about you," Ashton smiled, his eyes bright. He actually made me believe in myself.

He leaned down and kissed me, "Better days are coming baby."