Tough Loss (Calum)

Just got off work, can I shower and then come over? I texted Calum once I unlocked my front door.

Calum played for our soccer team this year, he was actually the captain. It was our senior year and he had been working hard to get whatever scholarships and scouts he could. I never missed a game, well that was until today when I got called into work.

Although I desperately wanted to tell them I couldn't come in, I couldn't. We were short staffed and plus I needed all the money I could get.

My phone buzzed, Alright.

I couldn't tell if Calum was in a bad mood from his message or if he was still at the field, busy talking amongst his teammates after the game. I shrugged it off and quickly rushed into my bathroom to take a shower.

"He's back in his room," Calum's mom softly smiled once she opened the door for me 20 minutes later.

I made my way down the hallway before gently opening the door to Calum's bedroom. Once the door was open it revealed Calum laying on his side facing me, but staring at the wall.

"Hey," I said with a soft smile.

"Hi," He said not cracking his straight face.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly as I sat on the edge of his bed next to him.

"We lost," Calum sighed gazing into my eyes quickly before focusing on the empty space in his room.

I frowned, "I'm sorry babe."

"I wish I could've been there."

Calum shook his head quickly, "No you don't. I played like shit, people look up to me, but I don't get why."

I sighed, hating when Calum talked poorly about himself. He put so much heart and soul into soccer, he was such a good captain and player.

"I always want to be there for you babe, and you're not. You put in so much work, people admire you because they should," I said locking eyes with him so he knew I was serious.

Calum shrugged.

"How about we watch a movie and lay around okay?" I asked moving closer to him and laying down by his side.

Calum nodded.

"It's alright, you'll kick some ass next time and i'll be there to watch it," I said putting my arm over him and cuddling up to him.

"You're always a winner to me," I smiled meeting Calum's lips with mine.