𝟔. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞?

AUTHOR'S POV 

Ansh was working overtime more than usual, torturing his culprit just to get Kanika off his mind, but to no avail. Both houses were lit up like a bride; it had been a week since the roka ceremony. Kanika was in touch with Rathore; they went shopping, to the spa, and out for lunch. His family was enjoying her company, while Ansh tried to immerse himself in work with her father and Dhruv. Tomorrow is their Haldi and Mehndi ceremony, and at the request of Ansh's grandmother, both families along with their friends were gathered at the resort.

Kanika donned a yellow saree, a cherished blessing from her grandmother, while Ansh complemented her in a yellow kurtaThe haldi ceremony took place poolside, with both the bride and groom seated in a large vessel.Following the haldi application by the elders, the younger attendees took their turn, turning the event into a playful Holi celebration. Kanika and Ansh were drenched in the rich yellow haldi paste. In the midst of the festivities, Ayan  splashed a bucket of haldi-infused water, causing some to enter Kanika's eye.

"Ahhh! My eye," she exclaimed, rubbing them, and Ansh cupped her face, turning her towards him.

"Calm down, Kanika, open your eye," he soothed her.

" Aaj phir proof kardiya ki tum Andhe ho!! " she slapped him in irritation but he didnt react .

 " I cant open my eye its burning." she said.

She kept rubbing her eyes; Ansh blew air into her eye, and after a while, she felt normal. Everyone was shocked by Kanika's act of slapping Ansh. Later youngster moved in the pool. 

 Ansh who is cold , ruthless  wanted to make her suffer was somewhere hurt seeing tears in her eyes which lost his control and helped her . She slapped him, an act so bold that no one else would even contemplate, yet she dared. It didn't bruise his ego, but her pain reached him in that moment. Something disturbed him, and he neglected it as mere humanity.

Everyone returned to their rooms; Kanika decided to take a nap since they had Dhol and Mehndi planned for the evening

Everyone returned to their rooms; Kanika decided to take a nap since they had Dhol and Mehndi planned for the evening. All the girls were in their rooms except for Harshi and Prisha, the workaholic women who couldn't spare a single moment to waste. Prisha was working in her room when she received a message.

" I know who killed your dad.

Prisha had ignored the message, but the mention of 'Dad' caught her attention, prompting her to respond. She had never accepted her father's death as a mere accident and had always sought the perpetrator. Guided by the unknown number, she arrived at the designated location. Despite being an intelligent and formidable woman capable of overcoming any fear, her father remained her sole weakness. As she was about to enter the cafe, someone seized her arm. "Tum?" she exclaimed, turning to face the man.

7o 'clock 

Everyone gathered in the resort's backyard. Kanika was dressed in an orange sharara paired with a yellow kurti and a grey chunni, adorned with a large maang tikka nestled in her hair partition.