𝟗.𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐢 𝐣𝐚𝐚𝐧

Author's Pov 

All the youngsters sat down. Kanika began moving her kalire over their heads, and as she did, it hovered first around Prisha and Dev, as someone remarked. " Abh next ye dono ki shaadi hogi, ek dusre ke saath"...

"Never!" they exclaimed, but was Dev sincere?

"Kyu mera devar mein kami kya hai " Kanika asked teasing her 

"Tera devar ich problem hai kanika, Tu rakh aapne devar ko aapne pass mujhe nahi chahiye"

"I would rather die than marry him. Besides, I already have one stalker, no more," Prisha declared, prompting laughter from everyone. She muttered the last part to herself, yet it was heard by the girls and Dev, who was sitting beside her.

Siddarth gave a side eye to Dev . Knowing something is cooking in his brain.

""What's on your mind? You're not hurting her, Dev. She's Bhabhi's friend. She's just a mere attraction," Siddarth warned him.

"Who said I am hurting her? Maa taught us to  never to raise a hand against any girl, and I am not a fool," he stated in a cold, authoritative tone.

Koi jaa kar uske bade bhai Ansh ko batao 🙄

 ""I could never harm my butterfly. The three-year wait will end, and you will be mine, butterfly. Only mine, I will kill that stalker of yours." he murmured to himself, hands in his pockets, watching Prisha with the intensity of an eagle eyeing its prey.

On the other side Kalire were fell on Ayan and Mayank.

" Hayyeeeeee!!!!" Ayan exclaimed looking at Jiya.

" Fuck you lover boy " She crused him under her breath. 

" Ladki dhundloo aap teeno " Kanika said .

" Mayank aur shaddi imposible bhabhi " Manav chuckled. Mayank gave him a death glare.

Amidst the banter, someone's gaze was fixed on Kanika, as if devouring her soul through their eyes.

Ansh was busy on a call, yet his attention was solely on her. It was now bidaai time everyone where sobbing Kanika was crying holding her dad,

" Mujhe nahi jaana hai " holding him, she cried her heart out. She had been the pillar of her family after Viraj's death, and now, knowing her future, she was broken. The once strong Kanika was now shattered.

"Gudu you're heading to your Ansh, and remember where to call and knock if you're in trouble," her dad said, patting her head. Ansh extended his handkerchief to her, and as she wiped her tears, somewhere inside, Ansh's heart ached to see her cry.

Dhruv hugged Kanika as she was sobbing.

" Jheli hai par pyaari hai, humari sherni hai kanika didi and let me remind you , jija ji listen carefully. You've married didi now and you're a family . But remember this, if you ever break her heart, I won't just be your brother-in-law. I'll be the ghost that haunts your dreams, the shadow that follows you everywhere. Mein bhul jaunga aap mujhse baade hai."

Ansh smiled at Dhruv.

" Kanika meri biwi hi nahi par meri ardhangini bhi hai. Rooh hai wo meri. I am always with her . For her. "

He didn't realize when the words made their way kanika looked at him with tears in her eyes .

As Kanika walked she took a hand full of rice and threw it back in her mom's chuni as the rasam.Krithika hugged and cried in her emraced . 

" Shaant baccha." Kanika patted her hair calming her down.

" Mat jao na didi" She cried.

Ansh moved towards sisters.