𝟕.𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈

Next day

Next day.

"Kanika uth jaa meri maa " Mumma said as she pulled off my comforter , switching off the fan.

Ye kya hai yaar!! Indian mothers and their obsession with switching off the fan.

"Soo ne do na Mumma," I mumbled, burying my face in the pillow.

"Uth jaa , aaj teri shaadi hai . Ansh is waiting for you," she said, stroking my hair. I woke up at the mention of his name, subha subha shaitan ka naam sun liya.

" Ansh ka naam leti hi uth gayi meri gudu. " she said smiling .

"Alright, go on, your boyfriend is waiting. Your dress is over there; get ready, the makeup artist must be on her way,"

she said and left the room. Mumma and I are like best friends; I share everything with her-my crushes, my love life-although she was a bit upset that I hadn't told her about my so-called boyfriend.

I quickly took a bath and went towards mumma's room. Everyone where waiting for me. We had Chuda rasam, I sat on the cloth while my mamu and mami ( Mom's brother and his wife ) sat infront of me and Krthika closed my eyes with a cloth.

After cleaning the Chuda with milk and water , my mamu and mami made me where them. They tied them with a cloth as bride shouldnt see her chuda and Kalire untill she is ready . I Opened my eyes and saw Mayank .

" Mayank is from our side" Mumma said looking at my shock face.

"I may not be able to fill Viraj's place , but I will always stand with you, just as he did-by your side as your brother first, then as Ansh's friend and your 'devar'," he said, placing his hand on my head and patting it gently. I smiled, tears glistening in my eyes.

Viraj and Mayank were childhood friends , our dads were business patner and college friends . I didnt share my childhood with Mayank as I was in Canada for my studies, but heard alot about him from Viraj over seas.

I moved back to my room and donned the bridal outfit given by Ansh's family. I was ready with my minimal makeup and hair done by the Mau artist,

 I was ready with my minimal makeup and hair done by the Mau artist,