6

My body woke me every few hours after Josh had dropped me off at my room. In the few hours we had spent together, I had started to fall for him. I let myself forget about the monstrous thing I had witness. My heart ached. The beast that haunted my dreams was not the same man as the one who tiptoed around me.
As the sun came through my window, I sighed. I didn't want the day to start. My body was completely exhausted from lack of sleep and I felt sick with emotions. I didn't know what to do with myself and I defiantly didn't want to deal with people.
Josiah knocked on my door. "JoJo?"
"Leave me alone."
"It's time for breakfast. Get up."
"No."
He pulled open the door, "What's up your butt?"
I growled and covered myself in my quilt, "I'm not going anywhere. Get out!"
His eyes widened, "You never yell at me. What's wrong? Did he hurt you?"
Feeling as if I was loosing control of myself, I kicked off my covers and stomped into my bathroom. Slamming the door, I locked it before shouting at him, "Get out!"
"Sorry." His word was soft as he shuffled out of my room and down the hall.
Stripping out of my clothes, I climbed into the hot water as I took a seat on the floor of the shower. Letting the boiling water burn my skin, I curled myself into a ball and actually started to cry - I never cried. There was a knock on my door.
"Go away Josiah."
"It's your mother."
I wiped the tears away as I jumped out and unlocked the door before curling back up into my spot, "Come in."
"Everyone is wondering where you are?" She looked a little upset with me.
"I don't feel well. My whole body aches and I'm confused. I don't want to deal with anyone today."
She sighed, "You have to. The tension is too high down there for you to take a day off. Everyone is ready to rip Alpha Darrow to shreds if they find out he did anything to you. Your brother is all too eager to encourage them. They need their Luna and I'm too weak to help, my connection with Goddess is almost yours."
"I'm not strong enough for this Mom." I buried my face in my hands as the water sliced down my back. "I saw him kill so many but when I'm with him I get too lost in his eyes and the person he is being. I forget about all the death he has created and then it will randomly crash down on me and break me all over again."
"Have you talked with him about it?"
"I'm afraid to. What if he just did it to kill? What if he had no reason?"
Mom sighed, "Then that is something you need to know. He was given to you for a reason JoJo."
"But I'm too far in now. I'm falling for him and if it's just an act and all he can do is kill, I'd have to reject him but I don't think I could. My wolf needs him too much, it would kill a part of me."
Mom sighed, "Ask him about that night. See his side of the story, then you can worry about the other stuff later."
I took a deep breath and fought my exhaustion, "Alright."
She smiled, "For now, you need to go calm down the energy. Everyone is worried about you." Kissing the top of my head, she disappeared into the hallway.
Turning off the shower, I dried off and threw on a pair of my short spandex and sport bra. As I moved to pull on a tight purple workout shirt, I collapsed to my knees as a layer of sweat formed over my forehead. A premonition was coming.
Blood began to pool from my eyes as it took my sight. Suddenly, I was in the breakfast room. Josiah and Josh were going at it and slowly the other Alphas began to join but Josh never backed down. I could see him hardly holding on to his sanity as Josiah threw a punch.
Before my vision was even clear, I was sprinting out of my room and down the stairs, only half dressed. By the time I came to the doors my vision had been returned. Pulling open the doors in an anger, all eyes shot up and looked at me. Nothing had happened yet but they knew what the blood tears meant and they waited for my information.
Finding my way to Josiah, I growled at him. He is mine. He will never hurt me. Fighting him hurts me.
He looked down in shame, I'm trying to fight it JoJo. Really I am but he deserves to die for what he did.
I whimpered and took a step back as the tears filled my eyes. Then so will I.
Josiah stood. No! You can still reject him! I don't know why your pushing it off. Just get it over with.
I'm not going to be the one to reject him Josiah.
Josiah stood and growled as his frame began to shake. How could you? You knew Alpha Rickards! He was a friend to Father.
I took a step away from my brother. Everyone was staring at us with wide, curious eyes. Josh sat at the end of his seat, gripping the table for dear life. The sight hurt. I hated to see him like that.
Sorry Josiah. I'm not doing this to hurt anyone. You're my brother and I love you but he is who I was given, the only man I will ever be given. I have to give it a try.
"He will be the death of you." He spoke out load and the crowd gasped as they looked at Josh who was barley holding on to his humanity.
Wiping a tear from my cheek, I looked sadly at my brother in disappointment. Shaking my head, I walked over to Josh as the crowd watched in amazement. Resting my hand on his shoulder, he once again relaxed completely.
"Help me with something?"
He nodded and stood as his hard features relaxed slights. Scooping up my hand, he followed me up into my room. Sitting him down on the couch, I went back to my closet.
"What am I helping with?"
"Nothing. I just needed to get you out of there." I found a wash cloth and moved to get it wet to wipe away the tears.
He frowned, "Why do your eyes bleed?"
Moving to his side, I sat down next to him, "I get visions and when I do, it makes them bleed. I'm not sure why though. It's different for every Luna but it doesn't hurt for too long."
He stiffened and took the wash cloth from me. "What do your visions show you?" He gently wiped the blood from my cheeks and neck.
"When our kind are about to get hurt or...d-die"
He nodded, almost knowing. "That's why you're afraid of me?" He looked down, "You saw?"
My heart beat frantically, I didn't want to have this talk yet. I wasn't ready but it needed to happen, "It was my first vision."
He gasped and for the first time his face held pain as he ran his fingers through his hair. He stood as his frame began to shake. "No."
"Why?"
He looked down at me with black eyes, "Why what?"
"Why'd you do it?"
He growled, "Just reject me already. I can't take this anymore! I don't wanna tiptoe around you and everyone here for another day. Just let me go!"
Annoyed with his yelling, I stood and growled back at him. "Don't you dare yell at me! I'm trying to understand why you did it! I'm trying to get to know you!"
His eyes widened and faded green, "Why? I'm a monster. Ask anyone here, I should have never come."
Rolling my eyes, I shoved him, "You're not a monster! I've seen something in that hollow tin chest." I poked him, "Now tell me why you did it!"
He scowled down at me as his jaw clenched, "I don't like being bossed around."
"Get over it. You've haunted my nightmares for the past eight months and now I can't get you out of my head. I need answers."
His eyes grew sad and he took a step back. "He killed my mother! Left my father without his mate! Do you know what that does to a person? There's a reason it's against the law! Father took his own life and I couldn't save him. So yes. I took that monsters pack and family from him and I would do it again!" His body trembled and his breath was heavy.
My heart ached for him. He wasn't a monster, he was hurting. Before he could move away, I dove into his chest and pulled him into a tight hug. It took him a minute but he caged me closer to him as he buried his face in my hair and took in a deep breath. "I don't want you to be afraid of me."
My wolf whimpered, "I'm not afraid of you like that. I know you would never hurt me."
He held me tighter as tingles pulsed through my body. He pulled me up his body as his lips brushed my shoulder, "I would never, ever do anything to hurt you."
A knock on the door pulled me out of the trance we were in. Josh set me down and took in a shaky breath.
My legs felt weak as I made my way to the door. "Who is it?"
"Your mother."
Pulling open the door, I smiled. "What do you need?"
Her eyes widened and she smirked, "You're late for training."
My cheeks blushed, "Oh. Sorry. I'll be right down."
She smiled and looked passed me into my room. "Alpha Darrow, would you like to join us? I need some help today."
He came over to me and pressed his body to mine, "I have a meeting in a half an hour but after that where should I meet you?"
My mom's smile brightened, "We will be in the gym. Thank you."
"Of course." His arm wrapped around my waist and he gently picked me up and moved me to the side, "I will see you then." Without a second look, he headed toward his room.
Mom raised an eyebrow at me, "What was that?"
My cheeks blushed, "I don't know. But we were all very wrong about him."
"Good." She followed me into my room, "Now get dressed."
Laughing, I skipped over to my clothes and pulled on a workout tank top, a pair of grey joggers, and my tennis shoes. "I'm ready." I pulled my long hair up into a massive, messy bun.
Turning away from the window, she smiled. "Come on then."