28

Maya smirked, "What do you want?"
William looked me over, "She is different."
Maya scoffed.
"Watch." He took the silver knife and cut open my arm once again but I bit back the scream.
Maya watched in amazement as it healed, "What?"
William chuckled, "I want to understand what makes her tick and harvest whatever it is that gives her these powers."
Maya ran her fingers over my arm as she looked me over, "Will this hurt your mate?"
My jaw tightened as my fist clenched. Goddess wanted her wolf and my wolf wanted her dead. My body was still weak and naked. Slowly and painfully, I sat up and my vision went white and grey with the power of our goddess. "You have no idea what I will do to you."
She chuckled, "I can take a hit or two. Josh always liked it a little rough."
My wolf snarled, trying to take control but Goddess was in charge. "You're afraid of me." I leaned over and sniffed along her neck, "I can smell it on you."
She let out a breathy laugh, "That's not fear, that's the scent of your mate on me."
My canines slipped down and I snarled, "And where's your mate?" I laughed without humor, "That's right, he was disgusted by you, couldn't stand the sight of you."
Her jaw tightened and own canines elongated but she turned her attention to William, "Make her suffer."
William shoved me back on the steal table and sliced open my arm once again, "Let's get started."
Pinching my eyes shut tight, I opened a link with Josh. Maya is here now.
We're coming baby, as fast as we can.
It's going to hurt, you might want to let someone else drive now.
He growled, What? What is he doing?
I looked around at all the different machines he was bringing toward the table. He wants to figure out why wolfsbane and silver don't hurt me, I don't know what he's gonna do but there are so many machines.
He whimpered in his thoughts, I'm so, so sorry. I should have been thee, I shouldn't have been so stupid. This is all my fault.
Growling, I interrupted him. You're not the one hurting me, William is. This is his fault, not yours, never yours. You can't play that game right now, you're the only thing keeping me fighting. But I'm weak, he keeps draining my blood and goddess just wants to take Maya's wolf.
Deep breaths baby, how do I help?
Touch your mark.
Okay. I'm touching it.
Now think about me.
I always am.
My cheeks blushed, Now say, Erimus duo in carne una.
Erimus duo in carne una.
Out loud on the count of three.
What does it mean?
We two shall be one flesh. It will allow us to feed off of each other and see what the other sees. Maybe it will help.
Okay.
One. Two. Three.
"Erimus duo in carne una." My back arched and I screamed with the surge of power that pulsed through me. It was like my vision split. I could see what was going on around me but also see through his eyes. As if two videos were playing over each other but it wasn't confusing, it was all crystal clear. Josh was looking at a road I didn't recognize with a female driving like a manic beside him.
Josh gasped, This is amazing.
William slapped me across the face but it didn't effect my connection with Josh, "What the fuck was that!"
Josh growled, Why are you naked?
He didn't touch me like that.
William watched me, "Why are your eyes two colors now?"
"I don't know."
He stabbed me in the leg, "Answer me!"
Maya snickered, "Let me."
William handed her the knife. I could feel the anger and pain rolling off of Josh as he watched while it happened to me. Maya took the knife and slid it over my stomach, "Josh is disgusted by scars."
"It won't scar."
"I'm sure we can find a way around that."
Josh growled, Fight back! You aren't tied down.
She cut me again, No. I need my strength.
For what! The female touched his arm sympathetically as he ran his fingers through his hair.
I snarled, Who is that?
Kendra, an old friend and the best tracker I know.
Don't let her touch you.
He moved away, It's not like that but I understand, now why aren't you fighting?
Goddess wants her wolf and that is going to take some strength, strength I don't want to take from you.
I feel so helpless.
No. This is helping, you in my head, the sight of the road, it gives me a distraction and I need to know you're safe and okay.
He sighed, But they are taking your blood, cutting you, and I can't stop it.
You will.
William flicked me on the head, "Are you listening to me?"
"No."
He took out his belt and soaked it in the wolfsbane again, "I will break you."
"You will try."
The other two vampires grabbed me and threw me against the wall. Pain pulsed through my knee and head but I recovered and bared my canines at them. Rolling their eyes, they took my arms and strung me up with silver chains, facing the wall.
The sting of the belt came again and again just as before but this time he didn't stop. Even after my back was completely shredded, he continued his assault.
Josh shook violently with anger, What do I do? Your mark!
It's not silver, I'll be okay.
His vision grew foggy with tears, Please! Tell me what to do!
The pain of the belt continued, Just, just let me see through your eyes. Talk to me about the others. Distract me, what's been going on?
He whimpered with each slice through my skin. Kyle and Beth are mates.
My heart swelled for them and a tear slipped down my face, R-Really?
Yeah. I'm so happy for him, he needed this.
How are - I screams when something new sliced through me - are Bailey and Cris?
Worried about you but they are helping each other.
Good. I love you Josh.
I love you too.
Tell everyone I love them as well.
He growled, You will tell them when you're back in my arms.
William's minions undid my chains and tossed me back on the table, sending a blinding pain throughout my body. William hissed, "Maybe I'll try some venom."
Shrugging, I acted nonchalant, "If you must."
Josh growled at me, Don't antagonize him.
William laughed, "You're just like your mate. He had a good mask too but he had a tell."
Josh snarled and sat up straighter in his seat. Don't listen to him.
"I don't."
He ran his hand over my healed stomach and nausea hit me hard, "But you do."
Josh began to shake, Mine!
Anger pulsed through me as I began to shake with the combination of his anger and my own.
William chuckled, "Looks like I woke the beast."
Laughing without humor, I sat up. "You wanna see the beast?"
William nodded, "I really do."
"Leave me alone in a room with Maya."
Maya laughed and moved from the chair she had been observing from, "Yes, please do."
William chuckled, "Tomorrow, Peter is here. I must go."
Maya laughed and looked me over, "Tell Josh I hope he enjoyed the pain of feeling his mates bleed."
Josh growled, "I will kill her."
"You must know the feeling."
Her eyes went distant and I could feel the pain and sorrow of her wolf. "Tomorrow you'll die."