19

surfergirl3 and sissab thanks for being awesome ♥️
-------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a large building behind the mansion that I had missed. A large track went around it and there was a large field to the side. There were massive windows on that side of the building and I could see all the gym equipment, looking out over the field.
Kyle opened the front door for me, "Everyone should be heading over after lunch. We will be out on the field today but I wanted to show you the gym. Josh said you might want to see it."
"I do. I need to get back into lifting. It's been almost a week and I'm starting to feel wimpy."
He laughed, "A week won't hurt. Just come lift with us at night."
"Perfect." I smiled as the door flung open and Bree came sprinting to me.
"You really came!" She squealed as she pulled me into a hug.
I laughed, "Of course I did. I need to teach you how to kick butt."
She pulled away and clapped her hands together, "Doc gave me the clear this afternoon. He also really wants to meet you and talk about stuff."
"I'll talk to Alpha."
She giggled, "So where do we start?"
Kyle headed for the door, "We will start when everyone gets here B. We'll be out in the field today."
Smiling she scooped up my hand and pulled me after her brother, "What do you do for your workouts?"
"I swim an hour, run an hour, and then lift for two hours."
Her eyes widened, "Swimming I can get on bored with but whoa. How do you fit that into a day?"
I shrugged, "Give up a little sleep and friend time."
She nodded as a few others began to follow us after Kyle. He stopped into the middle of the green grass and I took the place beside him. As we waited, almost forty teenagers lined up in front of us. When Kyle spoke, I assumed that this was everyone. "Okay. Today we are going to be doing a little hand to hand combat and I've asked Luna to help me. She may look small but take what she says seriously. You all saw what she did to that rouge that crossed our boarders."
Hushed murmurs erupted throughout the group and Kyle smirked.
"Okay. Pair off and spar, you know the rules."
The group broke up into twos, everyone seemed to separate into equal strength groups. I smiled at Kyle, "Do you ever have them fight in unequal pairs?"
Kyle nodded, "Yeah. We will do that after an hour of this. Go around and make adjustments."
Nodding, I began to walk around. For an hour, I helped the fighters with their stance and form. They all seemed too really enjoy my helping and were very respectful to me. I smiled whenever I caught someone staring at my neck, they could all see their Alpha's mark on my neck. They knew I belonged to him. I had changed into a workout outfit after class and picked a shirt that would show my new mark. I was proud to be his.
Kyle moved in front of the group, "You guys are all looking much better. Now we are going to do a little mismatch practice."
They all moved to very opposite partners.
Kyle smiled, "Lune and I are going to show you a spar. As you can see. She is much smaller than me." He nudged me playfully and I smirked, "Watch how she handles herself." He turned to me, "Ready?"
"You better not hold back. I can take a hit."
He laughed and lifted his chin where there was a small scar from the silver knife. "I have a little payback to give."
Smirking, I looked at the group, "It's never a good idea to go into a fight looking for revenge. It only makes you blind."
Kyle snickered, "Smart." He swung for my face and I easily dodged him.
"Starting already." I swung back but he ducked under my fist.
Trying to catch me off guard he came at me with his knee which I easily shoved back and elbowed him in the jaw. He stepped back and laughed, a little amazed with me. I took the chance and kicked out his feet, tackling him to the ground, punching his face. "Got you." Laughing I stood and helped him up as I turned to the group, "Boys don't let a girl who can fight, distract you."
Kyle laughed, "Girls can hit." He smirked at me, "Again."
Again we sparred but this time he didn't hold back. He swung hard and was able to hit me a few times. I could feel the bruises on my ribs and back forming. But I also got a good few hits in and his face was also bruising. We laughed as neither of us were able to gain the upper hand. He was a good fighter, one of the best. As we fought, I became distracted when I felt Josh walking out to the group. Kyle didn't seem to notice his presence and took my moment of distraction and through a hard punch to my face.
I could feel the bone crack and the growl that came through the field, made everyone freeze. Kyles eyes widened and his heart beat frantically beat in a panic, "Are you okay?"
Not able to talk, I nodded and stood in front of him. Josh snarled in front of us and looked at me with wide eyes. As he looked over my body I could see him losing control. Still not able to move my jaw, I shook my head and opened a link.
I'm okay Josh. We were just sparring. Take me home. I need you to take me home.
He looked at me and then Kyle, fire blazing in his eyes, "Did you do this?"
Kyle whimpered away from his Alpha, "Yes Alpha."
Josh growled and moved for him.
Not liking where this was going, I shook my head and jumped into his arms. Please take me home. I need the doctor to set my jaw before it heals.
He snarled, "Bree take Josie to the doctor."
I whimpered and he froze, finally looking down at me.
I want you to take me. I need you right now.
He stiffened and his shaking stopped. Looking at Kyle he growled, "Continue the training, I'll talk with you later."
Kyle nodded and turned back to the group. Josh kissed his mark and the pain melted away, replaced with pleasure. My legs wrapped around his waist and arms around his neck as I buried my face into the crook of his neck. He gently wrapped his arms around me and held me tight to his chest.
"You're gonna be okay baby."
I nodded and kissed his neck. Thank you.
He nodded, his eyes glossed over. Why was he so close to tears? I was safe. It was just Kyle and we were just sparring. There was no need for this. He ran us to the pack house and the doctor was already waiting in the living room for us.
The man smiled at us, "How are you Alpha, Luna?"
Josh turned to stone, "Her jaw. Look it over before it heals."
The man nodded and took my face in his hand as he examined me. I winced a little when he ran his finger along my jaw near my ear. He nodded, "It's healing just fine. It was smart of you not to talk after the injury."
I nodded, it didn't hurt that much anymore. The only reason I wanted Josh to take me to the doctor was to get him away from Kyle. I didn't want any unneeded harm to come to anyone.
Josh looked at him, "Is she going to be okay?"
The doctor nodded, "She's a fast healer, should be talking in a few minutes."
Josh nodded, "So I can take her home?"
The man nodded, "Yes Alpha."
Without another word, Josh scooped me up bridal style, walked me out the door, and placed me gently in his car. He drove us back to the house in silence. When he parked, I moved to open the door but he shook his head at me, "No."
Stopping, I looked at him with worry. Something was really wrong. "What's wrong?" It made my jaw ache but it wasn't bad.
He opened his door and stepped out. Moving to my door, he scooped me up in his arms and carried me up to his room. We both were silent as he placed me on the bed and crawled in beside me. Feel his sadness and pain, I curled up under his arm rested my head on his chest as I drew patterns lightly on his forearm.
He sighed, "My mother used to do that when I was a kid to get me to fall asleep."
"Should I stop?"
"No. It feels good."
Nodding, I continued my patterns, "What happened back there?"
He sighed, "Seeing Kyle hit you, even though it was in a sparring match brought up a lot of old memories. I lost control."
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
"After my mom was killed...You don't know what that does to not just the family but my father, her mate. Bailey and I had to watch him suffer. Watch him die without dying. He started attacking Bailey because she looked like Mom. Most of the time I was able to get there and take the hits for her but not always. Seeing you getting hit, bruised..." He took in a shaky breath, "It just reminded me of when I wasn't home to save her." His eyes filled with tears, breaking my heart. "All of that just came screaming back to me."
I curled up tighter to him and kissed his chest, "No one can hurt me. You will always be there, I'll never be far enough away that you can't get to me or I can't get to you."
He kissed my forehead, "Promise?"
"Promise. I'm yours. I'll go anywhere with you."
He relaxed and took a deep breath, "I'll go anywhere with you." He held me tighter and took in a deep breath of my scent, "You have me wrapped around your little finger."
I giggled softly, "Yeah?"
"Definitely." He smiled again and kissed my nose.
This was my chance, it was now or never. "Wanna take a shower?"
His eye widened and he smirked, "What?"
"I need a shower and you said you'd go anywhere with me." I smirked.
He laughed, "Do I have to keep my cloths on?"
I thought about it for a second. I didn't want him to keep them on but I didn't know if I could hold back from jumping his bones. "You don't have to but you have to promise me something?"
His eyes widened even bigger, "What?"
"Promise me no sex. Just shower."
He looked at me with wide eyes and a smirk, "So you're saying that we can get butt ass naked, take a shower but not have sex?"
I nodded, "That is what I said."
"So what will we be doing in there?"
I laughed, "Showering."
He rolled his eyes, "And?"
"And telling secrets."
His eyes widened as he stood up and pulled off his shirt, "About why you won't mark me?"
I nodded and stood up on the other side of the bed and pulled off my shirt, "If you want."
He growled and frowned as he looked down at my stomach. There was a bruise across my ribs. Kyle must have hit me harder than I thought. In a few quick steps he was at my side and rest his hand over the bruise, "Does it hurt?"
"No. It's healing." I lifted his hand and kissed it, "So...Wanna join me?"
He nodded eagerly and moved to his bathroom, flipping on the water and throwing his shorts at my face as he opened the door and walked in. My heart stopped, I clearly didn't think this through.
Josh laughed, "Getting cold feet already?"
"No." I took off my clothes and unbraided my hair, "Just preparing myself."
He laughed and splashed water over the foggy, glass wall. "I promise I won't make the first move."
I laughed, "It's not you I'm worried about."
"Okay, rules. No touching each other. No looking down. Deal?"
"Deal." Reaching out, I pulled open the door and stepped in beside him. His back was to me and his face tilted up, letting the water splash on his face and run down his body. He was so perfect. I had to keep my eyes closed to not look below his face. Taking a deep breath, I relaxed - I was in control.
When I opened my eyes, Josh was smirking at me with black eyes, "Not looking down is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life."
"Well, then let's talk about something distracting."
He nodded and gave me a shy smile, "So, this marking thing?"
I took a deep breath, he had to know. "Marking for me is a little different than just a bite. Goddess gives you my blessing too but it's not like how I was given mine. Mom said it won't be painful for you, it might burn you a little - like the feeling of silver touching your skin."
He stiffened, "What will it do to me?"
"You'll get a mark like mine." I touched the mark on my back.
He nodded, "I mean..."
Understanding what he meant I shook my head, "It will just be a way for me to give you energy and you give me energy. Do you remember that one day when you helped me work out and my mom touched my back and I hers?"
"Light ever increasing?"
"Yeah. That is a transfer of strength. I wasn't feeling well and needed the boost that day."
"So you will be able to feed off my life and I yours?"
"Yes."
He looked up at the ceiling, puzzled. "Will the mark be the only way I can die?"
I nodded, "Yes and silver or wolfsbane won't hurt you anymore. It's a gift from Luna for being my protector."
"Why were you afraid to tell me that?"
I shrugged and looked away from his bright green eyes, "I was afraid it would be too much for you."
"Too much?"
"Too much of a responsibility."
His hand culled my cheek, "You aren't a responsibility Josie, you are a blessing." He leaned down and kissed my mark. "The best thing that's happened in my life."
I gasped as desire pooled into the pit of my stomach. I was very aware of how naked we were. Josh seemed to notice and chuckled.
"Wish we would have talked about this with clothes on."
My cheeks blushed, "I didn't want you to run."
His eyes widened and jaw opened, "What?"
My smirked, "Figured if you were going to walk away, you might as well see what you're walking away from."
"Well played." He snickered and rubbed his nose to mine, "But I'd never walk away from my sunshine. You're the reason I get up in the morning, the reason I take each breath. Nothing you could tell me could change that."
My cheeks blushed, "It's my turn in the water."
He smirked and stepped out of the way. Eagerly I took the place beside him and let the water run through my hair and over my skin. Rubbing my scalp, I pulled my hair over my shoulders, providing some coverage for my boobs. Josh reached out and touched my Luna mark. Rubbing his thumb over the mark, I shivered in desire.
"You don't know how good that feels."
He took a step closer to me and kissed my shoulder, "Will I get to know?"
I smirked and turned to him, "You're still okay with me marking you?"
"I have spent the past day thinking you didn't want me, that I had done something wrong. It killed me. I want everyone to know I'm yours, that we are equals, and together. You can have all my power if that's what it takes."
My heart stopped, he was so perfect. I rested my hand on his chest and for the first time my mind wasn't filled with lust. My body ached with love, pure, untainted, blissful love. He smiled down at me and pressed his lips to mine, "I love you Josie."
My heart ached, I love him too.
As I moved closer, to him, his eyes glossed over in a mind link and he stiffened. "I have to go." He blinked away the haze and looked annoyed and worried.
"What's wrong?"
He threw open the door in a panic, "An attack up north. I need to get there now. There is a large group of rogues."
My heart panicked as he pulled on his pants. "Please be safe."
He nodded and smiled, "We'll finish this talk when I get back?"
I smiled, "Yeah." There was a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach, "Just be safe. Please."
Leaning over he kissed me softly, "I'll be back in a few hours, don't worry." He turned and sprinted out of the room.
Feeling empty and alone, I sighed and sat down under the boiling water trying to calm my wolf and Goddess. Something was wrong. I shouldn't have let him go alone - I was just being silly because I didn't get to mark him. Shaking it off, I ignored the pain and finished my shower.