27

Josh's POV
--------------

Kendra and Connor took the boat to try and catch a scent but I hadn't heard from them yet. I felt so completely useless pacing in the living room while Kyle watched with his mate on his lap and Julie chewed on her nails. Cris and Bailey brought in food for us but I couldn't eat, not when I knew my angel was in danger.
Julie handed me a sandwich, "You need to keep up your strength, it will help her."
Growling, I took the food and continued pacing, attempting to find her, feel her but I couldn't, I didn't know how.
Everyone whimpered back in their seats as I snarled and kicked over the coffee table in frustration. Kyle moved forward, Calm down, we have every male in the pack looking for their scents. They will call as soon as they find anything.
He has her Kyle! I'm out of control! I need her back!
We will find her.
Snarling, I began to pace again.
I felt a sting in the back of my head as she broke through my barrier, I'm alive.
My heart ached and I froze, Baby? Where are you? What happened? What did you mean by the symbol? What's going on?
She whimpered in pain, I love you.
Her thoughts slipped away. I attempted to hold onto the connection but I didn't know how, she hadn't taught me. There was still so much I didn't know or understand about her. As I focussed, a sharp sting pinched me in my left arm and I grabbed it, finding nothing. A numbing sense washed over me and my heart ached - I knew this feeling. He was drugging her. "No!" I growled and tossed the sandwich against the wall.
Cris stood, "What is it?"
"He drugged her!" My temper got the best of me and I easily tossed a chair through the bay window as I trembled. I couldn't fight back the shift, not without her. Pulling off my shirt and tossing my shoes to the side, I let the beast have me. Bursting into my massive wolf, I howled in anger and frustration but mostly pain.
Julie sighed as she stood, "She will feel what you are feeling if you don't calm down. Being angry is not going to help her. She needs your strength right now, not your anger."
Snapping my teeth at her, I moved to the kitchen and shifted back before pulling on a pair of sweats. Storming back into the living room, I growled, "How do I open a connection with her, help her, hear her - anything!"
"Touch your mark and say, 'Crescents luce,' it will help her feel a little stronger, but you need to have a mind link opened with her."
"How? She hasn't been accepted into the pack yet."
Julie sighed, "Call for her in your thoughts, she will hear you but she has to allow you in."
I stiffened as her fear and panic filled me but this time it was stronger, crippling. I trembled knowing she felt like this, it wasn't right. I needed to be there - to protect her.
Julie's eyes went distant with a mind link and I stiffened, "Who is it?"
She brushed me aside and focused.
My jaw tightened, "Is it Josie?"
She stayed silent for too long.
I snapped, letting my Alpha command be known, "Answer me!"
"Mark."
I stiffened and trembled, "What about him?"
"He is the one who has betrayed you, she had a vision."
Kyle stepped in front of me, "I'll get him. We need answers and you will kill him."
My jaw tightened but I nodded in agreement, "Hurry." Taking deep breaths, I attempted to hold in my anger and fight back my wolf. I needed to hear her voice, know she was okay. Pain pulsed through my legs, with the sting of a whip as I attempted to open a connection with her. The sting snapped across my face and I yelped in surprise. Again, I called for her but used my Alpha command, What's going on?
She whimpered in pain, Help me.
My heart ached but I needed to focus before I lost her again, What does it smell like?
Blood, a lot of blood and death.
It hurt to hear but I shoved the pain aside, Smell past that Jo.
The sting and pain came again but the connection didn't slip, I held tight to my hold on her, I couldn't lose her.
It smells like lilacs, pine and water.
She was to the North of Maya's land, I could have Kendra track her from there. I know where you are. I'm coming. The connection slipped But I could feel her relief, her hope. All she had to do was hold on until I got there.
Kyle stormed in, tossing a trembling Mark at my knees, "Here he is."
My jaw tightened, "I've been informed you have betrayed me."
He gulped, "N-No."
Growling, I wrapped my hand around his neck and pulled him up into the air, "Do not lie to me."
He gasped and shook his head.
Growled and held him by his throat against the wall, slamming him into the concrete. "Where the fuck is William and Maya?"
Mark whimpered back, "H-Her territory."
Forcing into his thoughts, I continued my questioning. How many?
Five, maybe six. They threatened me.
Vampires?
Yes, I don't know exactly wear. Please...
Snapping his neck, I tossed the empty body to the floor and turned to a wide eyed Kyle, "Josie is to the North of Maya's land with William. Mark said there were only five or six. Get the guard together."
Cris took a stepped closer, "I'm coming with you."
I shook my head, "No. I need you to stay here with Bailey and Beth to keep them safe so Kyle and I can focus on the fight. You're the only one I trust to do it."
Cris nodded and pulled Bailey back against his chest.
Josiah and Julie stepped forward. Julie smiled sadly, "We're coming. Let's go now!" I could hear the panic, the pain.
There was something she was keeping from me, something Josie had told her. Looking at her suspiciously, I stepped forward. "What do you know?"
"That we don't have time for this now!"
My jaw tightened but she was right so I let it drop. Together we sprinted to the cars. I climbed into the truck As Kendra climbed in smiling sadly. Kyle must have linked them. I was being such an air head without my angel at my side. Sighing, I gripped her hand, "Thank you for coming."
She nodded, "He needs to die."
"Yes he does Kendra."
The cars and vans pulled out onto the road. It would be a two day trip and we weren't stopping for anything but gas and food.