18

My alarm woke me up at four in the morning and I groaned but I couldn't be angry. I needed to stay strong, like my mom taught me. Slumping out of bed, I pulled on my workout swimsuit, sweatpants, and an old tank top. My neck ached a little but it only made me smile, I was his. Missing him, I smirked and thought I'd invite him on my swim.
Sneaking over to his room, I pulled the door open silently. Laughing to myself, I jumped on his bed and began to bounce as I giggled. "Wake up."
He shot out of bed, his canines bared as he looked around the room and blinked away his sleepy haze. Unfortunately, I was not ready for the naked body that stood before me.
"You sleep naked!" Lust filled me as I forced myself to turn away from him.
He laughed, "Why the hell are you waking me up at four in the morning." He walked around the bed as I sealed my eyes shut and listened to him pull on clothes.
"To see if you wanted to go swimming with me." My eyes opened and I smiled at him, a little embarrassed.
"Why so early?" He looked annoyed but I could feel his amusement.
"For an Alpha, you're lazy." I giggled as I threw him a pair of swim trunks that had been on his floor, "Meet me on the beach in five minutes."
Silently, I moved downstairs, grabbed a granola bar from the pantry, ripped it in half, left part on the counter and ate the rest as I made my way to the beach. Once there, I pulled off my clothes and stretched out. This was going to be a long day, I could already feel my restless sleep catching up with me.
"I'm buying you a one piece." Josh growled from behind me.
Laughing, I rolled my eyes, "You ready?"
He yawned before he swung his arms around in circles and stretched out. "How do you do this?"
"Today I'll swim out for a half an hour, swim back and then do an hour run to finish off my cardio for the morning."
He looked at me a little confused, "why do you do all this?"
"I have to stay strong Josh, I don't think you realize the physical toll premonitions or using my gifts take on me and because I don't use them regularly here, I need to work my body harder."
We waded out into the water and he nodded, "I wish I could get my whole pack as motivated as you."
"Wanting to live and survive my gifts, that's my motivation."
Before he could comment, I dove into the water and began my swim. Josh easily kept up with me which was amazing, Josiah and even Father had a hard time keeping up with me when I was in water - it was my prime. It was peaceful having Josh by my side, he didn't make me slow down or change my natural patterns. He stayed in his lane and easily swam beside me, not making it feel like a race or competition. When we came to the half an hour mark, we both stopped and tred water.
I laughed at him, "You can keep up with me."
He rolled his eyes, "Look who's cocky now."
"Still you." I laughed and dove back into the water, headed for sore.
Again the swim was peaceful but my arms began to burn and lungs ached as we grew closer. This was a good sign, I had been pushing myself. Pushing harder, I picked up my speed. Josh seemed to notice and easily kept pace with me until we came back to land and were able to touch the ground.
I panted, as I fought for breath and floated in the soft waves. Josh just smiled, he seemed a little out of breath but didn't look as badly as I felt. Walking back to land, I pulled on my sweats and headed down the beach in a run, Josh caught up to me.
"Really? No break?"
I laughed, "We had a break."
"Two minutes is not a break."
Rolling my eyes, I ignored him, I needed to focus. Looking down at my watch, I realized I was behind and would have to make it up in my run. Picking up my pace, I practically sprinted down the beach and along the paths beside the water. Josh stuck with me but he seemed to be getting a little winded. As we turned back around he slowed.
"No break?"
I shook my head. I was still behind and if I wanted to do my normal distances in the amount of time I gave myself, I needed to go harder. Josh growled as he moved beside me, guess he was more tired than he let on. When we came back to the beach in front of the house, I stopped and put my hands on my head, taking deep breaths. I was disappointed with myself, that was the worst I had done in awhile. Josh threw himself onto the ground as he panted.
"Stand up, hands on your head."
He looked at me and shook his head, "That was terrible."
"I know, it was my worst time this month, I'm getting out of shape."
He looked at me and shook his head, "You are unbelievable." He lifted his hand up for help.
Smiling, I took it and helped him get to his feet. He smirked and ran his nose aross my new mark, "I love seeing this, you don't know what it does to me." He kissed it softly and that surge of lust and pleasure from last night pulsed through me.
"You don't know what that does to me." My words were breathy and oozing with desire.
He smirked, "Let's go shower."
My heart stopped and I froze.
"Don't worry, suits on."
I shook off my reaction and smirked, "Well mines staying on but I've already seen you naked, nothing new there." I laughed, as if the memory alone didn't make me wet with need.
For a second, I felt hurt and doubt from from him but he shook it off as he smirked, "I am the only naked man you will ever see, better get used to it."
I laughed, "First and last, not the worst thing in the world."
He rolled his eyes and pulled me back to the house. When we got to the house, he pulled me to his room and turned on the shower. "Suits are optional?"
"Keep it on."
He laughed and jumped into the hot water. Taking a deep breath, I followed him. I had never taken a shower with anyone before, even in my suit, it was strange. Josh gleamed down at me, "Another first?"
I nodded and took the soup from him, "Always."
He snickered and took the bar from me, as he found a small towel and lathed it with soap, "Then let me make it memorable."
My heart stopped as he moved me out of the path of the water and brought the washcloth to my shoulder. Slowly, he began to clean me. I was completely frozen in my spot. No one had washed me since I was an infant. As he turned me around in his arms, he scrubbed my gently, slipping his hand under the snap of my suit. Before he got to my mark he froze.
"Am I allowed to..."
Not letting him finish, I turned and pressed myself to his chest, "You don't have to ask permission." Gesturing to myself, I smiled, "All of this is yours."
His deep, longing growl came from his chest and warmed my heart. He kissed his mark and smiled, "Mine." He moved the wash rag over my tummy and began to clean my front. Desire pooled into my stomach and made me ache and knees weak as he cleaned. Having his hands all over me never felt so good, I couldn't help the moan that escaped.
He stiffened and smirked as he kneeled down and started running the washcloth over my legs. This only depend my need. But I was not prepare for when his lips brushed my hip, just above my suit. My back arched and hips rolled forward in pleasure as a haze filled my mind and I moaned - too loudly. He seemed to enjoy it as he pressed another hot kiss on the inside of my hip. Gasping, I stepped away - this was too much. If I didn't stop him now, I wouldn't be able to at all. To be honest, I didn't want to stop, he could have me right here in this shower. There was just one, stupid thing holding me back, if he did fully mate me, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from marking him and I couldn't do that until he had all the facts.
He glared up at me, as his bottom lip pouted, "Mine."
Giggling, I pulled him up, "Yes yours but I have school and can't be late."
He nodded and set the cloth down on the lip of the shower.
Smirking, I snatched it up and lathered it in soap, "I guess there's time for a little more fun." Like he had done, I brought the cloth to his chest and gently washed him. His eyes darkened and body trembled. As he had done, I got to my knees and began to wash his hairy legs. Feeling bold, I leaned up and pressed my lips over his hip when his eyes had closed.
Snarling, he yanked me up and held me tight against the tile. Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself down. "Not yours to touch." It came out as a joke but I could feel his hurt mixing with my own. A tear rolled down my cheek and Josh's eyes shot open and he caught it with a kiss. "I was just teasing Josie. You know I'm yours." He turned his head submissively, "Whenever your ready."
My wolf growled and Goddess sang. Leaning down, I placed a soft kiss over his favorite spot and he purred. My canines came out as I gently sucked on his neck. He growled and pushed himself to me, as he dragged my body up his, giving me easier access. He wanted this, he needed this. I needed this. But I couldn't, it wasn't right. Giving him one last kiss, I sighed.
Frowning, he set me down and took a step back. I could feel his hurt, feel the pain I was causing. "Whenever you're ready." He mumbled before he hopped out of the shower.
My heart ached. I was being so stupid. He wouldn't leave, I just needed to tell him. Turning off the water, I hoped out, wrapped a towel around my waist and pulled off my swimsuit, handing it from the hooks on the wall to dry. Josh was already in his room. "Josh? Can we..."
He interrupted me, "I get it Josie, I won't ask again. You need to hurry if you want breakfast before school."
"But..."
He pulled on a shirt, "No."
I shrunk away from him and scurried to my room in shame and hurt. This was all my fault. Pulling out the school uniform, I quickly pulled it on and braided my hair. Grabbing my bag, I made sure my knife was in its hiding place and it was. Still feeling terrible, I grabbed my sketch book from my box and shoved it into my bag, grabbing some workout clothes, I also shoved them into my bag. Cautiously, I made my way down to the kitchen. Connor and Kyle sat with Josh at the bar as they discussed something. Bailey smiled when she saw me and she fixed me a plate of food, "Morning Jo."
"Morning." I grumbled.
"You sound like shit." She giggled and took the space beside Connor, leaving me the chair beside Josh. Still feeling terrible for denying him. I set my plate on the counter and moved to the fridge. Grabbing an orange juice, I drank it as I stood and watched the group.
Kyle smiled, "What do you think Josie?"
"Bout what?"
He laughed, "About helping out with training when your done with school."
"I'd love to."
Josh nodded, still not making eye contact with me. "I'll pick you up and take you until we can get you your own transportation."
"I have a bike back home."
"Doesn't do you any good here." He sounded annoyed but I could feel his hurt.
The others looked between us a little confused.
My neck itched and his mark began to sting. Rubbing it, I sighed sadly.
"What is that?" Bailey squealed as she pointed at me.
"Josh's mark." I chuckled and showed it off.
All eyes widened, even Josh's. Did he think I would try and hide it? That thought made me very sad.
Bailey pulled me into a hug, "It's beautiful!" She turned to Josh, "Why didn't you tell me?"
He shrugged.
"Well...Let me see yours."
He stiffened, "Need to get to work." Before she could protest, he was out the door and in his truck.
Bailey looked at me, "What was that about?"
My cheeks blushed, "I didn't mark him."
For the first time, she actually glared at me, "Why?"
I moved away from her, "Reasons."
This only made her growl, "You couldn't do better than him Josie."
"That's not why I'm waiting Bay. I need to talk to him about some things before we can take that step. Trust me, I know I couldn't do better than him. He is perfect, the greatest man I have ever known. I love him to...death" My heart stopped as I said the words. They were so true. I had fallen completely in love with him.
Bailey relaxed, "Just don't make him suffer too long."
Turning to Kyle, I forced a smile, "What do you want me to do today?"
He seemed a little irritated with me as well, "Show them what you can do and make amusements when they spare. It will be very basic today, Bree is excited to see you."
"Sounds good."
Connor shivered, "Come on guys lay off her, this room is chilling." He threw an arm over my shoulder and pulled me toward the door, "Time to get going Bay."
We all climbed into his Jeep and the tension from Bay started to melt away. She sighed, "Sorry I snapped at you." She turned back to look at me, "He's my only family and I just want to see him happy."
"That's all I want too."
She smiled and turned back around.

School went by far too slowly but eventually it was lunch time and Josh would be picking me up. Still not hungry, I didn't bother to eat. Instead I sat at the table outside with Connor, Bailey and their friends while I drew in my notebook. Josh was on my mind so he is who I drew. It was impossible to capture the curve and dibs of his muscles and body but I did my best. I drew him smiling my favorite smile and shirtless.
Connor looked over my shoulder, "Whoa! You're actually really good."
I rolled my eyes, "Thanks."
Connor stiffened and moved away from me as I felt Josh come up behind us. "Is that what I look like to you?"
Laughing, I closed my book and stood up, "No. I can't draw perfection. Just a rough sketch to keep me company."
His cheeks went pink for a moment before he leaned down and kissed his mark. "Ready to go?"
Grabbing my bag, I nodded, "Yeah."
He looked at the table and frowned, "Did you eat?"
"No appetite."
He scowled and took a bag of nuts from Connor. "Thanks Connor."
He grumbled and scowled at me, "You owe me nuts."
I burst into laughter, "Your mate has them in her purse."
He smirked, "Funny."
Josh just shook his head and led me to his car and handed me the bag, "Eat these."
Shaking my head, I pushed them back at him, "Really. It will make me sick."
"Why?"
I shrugged.
He sighed in frustration, "Stop."
I looked up at him a little surprised. "What?"
"Just tell me why your acting like this. I know you're keeping things from me. I know there's a reason you don't want to mark me."
"It's not that I don't want to mark you. It has taken every ounce of self control not to mark you."
"Then why?"
I sighed, "The is more Luna stuff I need to explain to you but can we please do it tonight. I need to figure out how to say it."
He seemed to relax, "Tonight? You promise?"
"Promise."
He straightened up and nodded, "I'll wait then."
Smiling, I nodded, "Are you helping today too?"
"No. I have to go up to the northern border. They are having trouble with rogue attacks."
"Is everything okay?"
He nodded, "Yeah. I just don't understand why the mutts are becoming bold. There's been four attacks sense we got home."
"I'm sorry."
He shook his head, "I'll take care of it."
"I know."
He smiled with my words and pulled into the pack house. Kyle smiled and came to open my door, "You ready?"
Josh kissed my cheek, "Be safe. I'll be back in a few hours to pick you up. Please don't leave without me."
Before climbing out of the car, I leaned over and pressed my lips to his gently. "See you soon." He ran his fingers through my braid and pulled me closer to him, deepening the kiss. I could feel all his passion, frustration, worry, and even love. "Mine."
Dizzy, I nodded and climbed out of the car, trying to shake the lust from my thoughts. Watching him drive away hurt far more than it should have. My everything ached for him.