Your Enemies are Mine

Y/n P.O.V

As Nightmare meticulously braided my hair into a bun, his skilled hands weaving each strand with care, I found solace in the rhythmic movements. Meanwhile, I took a brief respite from the cube he had given me, instead opting to fiddle with a chain puzzle, its intricate design captivating my attention.

"There," he announced softly, sliding in a pin to secure the final touches of the braid. As my hand reached up to feel the intricate bun, a sense of satisfaction washed over me.

"Thank you," I murmured gratefully as Nightmare gently took my hand, leading me out of the room.

"Do you remember what I told you?" I felt the weight of Little Helper settling on my shoulders, a familiar presence that brought me comfort. Though I struggled to get accustomed to carrying him, outings like this were a rare treat. Nightmare passed me a leash and adjusted the collar, the tag reading Lil, a convenient abbreviation to spare us from the cumbersome repetition of 'Little Helper.'

"Yep!" I beamed in his direction, unable to contain my excitement. "It's 'bring your favourite person to work day'!" My enthusiasm bubbled over, evident in my eager demeanour.

"C-Calm down," he urged, his tone laced with amusement, though he muttered something about maintaining composure. With a gentle tug, he led me out of the room.

"Sorry," I chuckled nervously, feeling a hint of embarrassment. "I'm just so thrilled. I get to see a side of you I don't normally witness." He chuckled softly to himself before guiding me into a metal room, the faint whirring of machinery filling the air. Clinging tightly to Nightmare, I braced myself as the room emitted a low rumble, signalling our departure.

"Y/N," Nightmare spoke up, his tone serious and commanding. "My coworkers can be... unpredictable when they're over-excited." He paused, a hint of uncertainty creeping into his voice. "I'll introduce you to them as a group. They tend to behave better when they're all together." I nodded, silently contemplating his words as the machine slowed to a stop, and a chain clinked, indicating our arrival.

As Nightmare led me forward into a semi-large room, his hand gently guiding me along.

"Where the hell are the others?!" Nightmare spoke, annoyed, and then a familiar voice answered. It was reminiscent of Nightmare's but with a raspy, dusty quality, filled the air.

"Not here," the voice replied casually. "Horror went out to eat, right Pap?" The lack of response left me puzzled, prompting me to strain my ears in an attempt to discern any other presence. Yet, all I could hear was Nightmare's breathing alongside mine, leaving me unsettled by the silence.

"I'll do it. I'll do everything around here." Nightmare sighed in annoyance, cursing under his breath before guiding me into another room. Once inside, he turned to me, his voice softening with fondness as he caressed my cheek.

"You'll be safe in this room, stay here, I'll be back," he assured me before stepping away and closing the door behind him. Left alone with Lil chirping softly, I took a moment to gather my thoughts before deciding to explore with my miniature companion.

"I agree, Lil. Let's explore." He purred and jumped off my shoulders, gently leading me with the leash. As we ventured forth, a peculiar noise caught my attention, reminiscent of sand hitting metal, evoking images of a golden glowing portal. Intrigued, I pressed on until the sound ceased, replaced by the serene melody of birds chirping and leaves rustling in the wind. With Lil guiding the way, we navigated through the lush foliage, soaking in the tranquillity of the surroundings.

"HIYA!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA!" My scream echoed through the air as I collided with something solid, almost bony, sending shockwaves of pain reverberating through my body.

"OW! Hey, woah, calm down." Leather fingerless gloves gripped my shoulders, their touch sending a shiver down my spine. I could feel the presence of bony fingers, adding to my unease. "It's okay... I didn't mean to scare you -" His voice trailed off as he waved his hand around me. "Your... blind." It was more of a question than a statement.

I pushed him away, feeling Lil leap onto my shoulders and screech at him. Amid the commotion, I heard him shift, he muttered to himself, the sound barely audible. "A Nightmare Amalgamation?!" Finally, he spoke up.

"Why-who are you!?" His voice carried a note of threat and weariness.

"Y/N! Who are you?!" I clutched the miniature cape that Nightmare had given me, seeking comfort in its familiar touch.

"I'm... Ink..." His tone conveyed caution and disturbance. "Why are you working with Nightmare?"

"Nightmare saved me," I asserted, meeting his gaze defiantly. "He rescued me from my abusive parents, provided me with shelter, and ensured I had enough to eat." I paused. "How do you know Nightmare?"

"That's-impossible!" Ink's voice rose in disbelief. "Nightmare is a manipulative asshole! He doesn't 'rescue' people. He hurts them, he's mine and my friends enemy!"

"What?! That's impossible. He saved me!" I retorted, my frustration boiling over. "And he gave me Lil as my guide!"

"Lil?" I heard him step back, his tone laced with disbelief. "You mean that nightmare amalgamation on your shoulder?! Those things devour positivity and kill with no remorse." Anger surged within me at his words.

"Lil is my friend," I countered fiercely. "He wouldn't hurt me! I-"

"Enough!" Ink's yell pierced the air, a weight pressing down on my chest. "I'll show you how evil Nightmare is!"

"Oh really?" A familiar voice cut through the tension, and I felt a surge of relief at Nightmare's intervention. His tone dripped with anger. "No one touches what is MINE." I heard other people step forward. It sounded like three others.

"Nightmare!" I sprinted towards the source of his voice, desperate to reach him. But the weight on my chest pushed me back, and a deafening 'DROOM' filled the air, accompanied by intense heat. Panic surged through me as chaos erupted around us. Did they start fighting?

"Nightmare?!" I staggered to my feet, reaching out blindly as bushes brushed against my palm. "NIGHTMA-AAAAAH!" Another force lifted me off the ground, carrying me away.

"It's okay," a dusty voice reassured me, offering a sense of comfort amidst the chaos. "It's okay, Pap. I've got her."

"DUST! LOOk OUt!" A glitchy voice warned, and I was tossed aside, narrowly avoiding danger once more. As I was caught again, various textures grazed against my skin, overwhelming my senses. My entire body buzzed and grew numb, my face scrunched up. I heard a wet splotchy sound whip past me. "DOn'T THRoW HeR To Me!"

"Release her, Error!" The anger in the voice was palpable, though I struggled to recognize the person I had met earlier.

"ÖH §HİȚ!" Strings snatched me, hurling me into the air. For a brief moment, weightlessness consumed me before I began to plummet. My mouth opened to scream, but someone's hand covered it, muffling the sound.

"Shush~ Little Piglet~ My hatchet won't hurt you, yet." A deep voice cooed at me, pulling me into a fluffy jacket. I recoiled as the warmth of his breath brushed against my cheek, and he chuckled menacingly.

"How lucky am I~ a cute little piglet needs me~" With a swift movement and a slicing sound, he chuckled. "Allow me to 'Axe'cist you~" Liquid splashed around us as he moved, prompting a sense of urgency.

"Run!" His command sent a chill down my spine as I felt him shift.

"Y/N!" Nightmare's voice pierced through the chaos once more. "Come to me!" Without hesitation, I ran towards him, stretching out my hands as I leapt towards safety.

"NOO!" Ink's shout filled the air as his gloves closed around me, before being thrown into cold liquid that left me disoriented and sinking into the murky depths, struggling to breathe amidst the darkness closing in around me. I gasped as I started to sink down, and air left my mouth in bubbles.

~~~ don't forget to comment your thoughts, follow me, and star the chapter ~~~