Your Choice

I opened my eyes in a serene meadow blanketed with vibrant wildflowers swaying gently in the warm breeze. The sun bathes everything in a golden glow, warmth and light emanating from it. I find myself standing, the scent of blossoms filling the air, and a feeling of utter tranquillity washing over me.

In the distance, I sense them - my beloved partner and our children, their laughter ringing out like music in the peaceful surroundings. My heart swelled with joy at the sound of them I could picture their smiles as radiant and infectious. The children's laughter intertwines with the melody of nature, creating a symphony of pure bliss that resonates deep within my soul.

As I approach, I hear them run to greet me, the thought of their faces lighting up with delight. My arms open wide, and embrace in a warm, loving hug. In that moment, all worries and cares melt away, replaced by an overwhelming sense of love and contentment. We are a family, bound together by an unbreakable bond forged in love and shared experiences.

I sat quietly in the living room, my senses heightened by the absence of sight, I listened to the gentle cadence of my lover's voice as he read our children a bedtime story about sleepy rabbits. Their giggles and the rustling of the pages painted a vivid picture in my mind, and I couldn't help but smile at the scene my mind came up with.

Suddenly, a peculiar presence caught my attention, a subtle shift in the atmosphere that stirred something deep within me. Curiosity piqued, I rose from my seat and made my way to the door, echoes of my family's voices slowly faded as I walked.

Stepping outside, I felt a mysterious force beckoning me, pulling me towards something unknown. My fingers brushed against the rough texture of the door frame, and I hesitated for a moment, unsure of what lay ahead. But the call was too compelling to ignore, and with a sense of determination, I ventured forward.

Navigating through the cavern, relying on the echoes and subtle shifts in the air, I entered a chamber of some sort. Despite my lack of sight, a distinct sensation washed over me, hinting at the presence of something remarkable within.

In the centre of the cavern stood a towering tree, its roots stretching deep into the earth and its branches reaching towards the unseen sky above. Though I couldn't see it, I could sense its ancient presence, as if it held secrets whispered through the ages.

To the left of the tree, I felt the outline of a stone skeleton, its outstretched hands forming a gentle water fountain, the sound of trickling water filling the cavern. Nestled within its grasp was a golden apple, its gleaming surface radiating warmth and possibility.

On the right side, another skeleton mirrored the pose, offering a fountain of water from its hands. Cradled within its grasp was a black apple, its darkness contrasting sharply against the surrounding stone.

As I stood there, the cavern seemed to split down the middle, a divide between two distinct realms. To the right, I sensed the cool embrace of the night, with the moon and stars adorning the walls like celestial guardians. To the left, a warmth enveloped me, accompanied by the soft embrace of sunlight filtering through imaginary clouds.

Though I couldn't see the options before me, I could feel the weight of their significance pressing upon me, urging me to trust my instincts and choose my path wisely. The choice was mine.

Surveying the cavern with a sense of trepidation, I couldn't shake the uncanny sensation that both skeletal statues were fixated on my every movement. Their stony gazes seemed to track my steps as I approached the black apple, its dark skin a stark contrast against the pale hue of the skeleton's hands.

Uncertainty gnawed at me as I hesitated, my fingers hovering over the smooth surface of the apple. Yet, an inexplicable pull urged me forward, compelling me to grasp the fruit firmly in my hand. As I did, a subtle shift occurred - the stone arms of the skeleton rose slightly, the gentle trickle of water ceasing as if in anticipation.