Quality Time

"Because I do," I reiterated softly, my voice carrying a hint of emotion that belied the depth of my feelings. With each word, I sought to convey the raw honesty of my conviction, the sincerity of my declaration hanging in the air between us like a tangible promise.

In the hushed intimacy of the moment, I felt her gaze soften, her eyes reflecting a dawning understanding of the depth of my affection. It was a simple statement, yet it held within it the weight of countless unspoken truths, binding us together in a bond that transcended the boundaries of time and circumstance. As she leaned into me, her touch a silent affirmation of trust, I felt a sense of peace settle over us, a quiet reassurance that in each other's embrace, we had found solace amidst the tumult of our respective worlds.

"But why?" she persisted, her voice tinged with uncertainty as she searched my eyes for answers. The weight of her question hung in the air between us, a silent plea for clarity amidst the complexities of our shared emotions.

I felt a pang of empathy for her, understanding the depth of her curiosity and the need for reassurance in the face of uncertainty. Taking a deep breath, I reached out to gently brush a strand of hair from her face, my touch a gentle caress against her cheek.

"Because," I began softly, my voice carrying a warmth that mirrored the tenderness in my heart. "Because you are worth it," I continued, my words infused with a quiet determination. "Because despite the darkness that surrounds us, you bring light into my world." As I spoke, I watched the uncertainty in her eyes give way to a glimmer of understanding, a silent acknowledgment of the depth of our connection. 

"Why wouldn't I save you?" I interjected, my voice infused with a mixture of earnestness and vulnerability as my own emotions began to surface. "I looked at you, and I saw myself," I explained, the admission hanging heavy in the air between us as I laid bare the truth of my feelings.

"When you love something, you protect it," I continued, my voice soft but resolute, the depth of my conviction evident in every word. Her eyes widened in realization, a flicker of understanding dawning within their depths as she processed the significance of my words.

Unable to bear the weight of her gaze, I looked away, my gaze falling to the ground as I silently grappled with the depth of my emotions. In that moment of vulnerability, I felt the walls I had built around my heart begin to crumble, leaving me exposed and raw in the presence of the one person who had managed to breach my defenses.

"You... love me?" Her voice trembled with uncertainty, her eyes searching mine for confirmation. The vulnerability in her tone tugged at my heartstrings, stirring a whirlwind of emotions within me. I felt a warmth spread through me, a mixture of affection and longing as I met her gaze. I blushed slightly, unable to suppress the telltale signs of my feelings as they bloomed across my cheeks. 

"Yes," I admitted softly, the word carrying the weight of a thousand unspoken truths. In that moment, I found myself unable to deny the depth of my emotions, the intensity of my affection for her burning bright within me.

"I... I do," I admitted, my voice trembling with emotion as I struggled to find the right words to express the depth of my feelings. "I don't want to lose you. You make me so happy," I confessed, each word carrying the weight of a lifetime of longing and affection. Gently, I ran my fingers through her hair, expertly braiding it as a gesture of tenderness and affection. The soft strands twined between my fingertips, a tangible reminder of the intimacy that bound us together.

"You're constantly on my mind," I continued, my voice soft but resolute. "You mean everything to me; I can't imagine my life without you," I confessed earnestly, the vulnerability of my admission laid bare for her to see. Leaning closer, the desire to kiss her overwhelmed me, the longing for her touch burning bright within me. "I want to hold you close, to feel your heartbeat against mine, knowing it beats for me," I whispered, my words filled with longing and devotion.