7

Nothing is right, Kwan, Jeonghan spoke with a hint of resignation. And I wonder since when nothing has been alright.

Kwan's voice on the other end of the line sounded concerned. Hyung, what's going on? he asked, picking up on Jeonghan's dull tone.

Jeonghan paused, trying to find the right words to explain his situation. It's just been a lot lately, he finally replied.

What, hyung?

Jeonghan took a deep breath, collecting his thoughts and spoke, I'm at Seungheol's place, and... I'm having his kid.

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line as Kwan processed this revelation.

Hyung, Kwan responded, Are you serious?

Yeah.

Hyung, you have finally gone crazy, Kwan's voice filled with disbelief.

Jeonghan chuckled softly, despite the gravity of the situation. I know, it's a lot to take in.

No, hyung!! Really, tell me?, Kwan insisted, his tone laced with disbelief. I knew you had a screw loose since day one, but now I'm sure that your whole system needs repairing.

Wow, that was a nice one, Jeonghan laughed. I have a system failure. I can't help it. I've had it with me since the day I was born.

Kwan understood the gravity of Jeonghan's words. He knew that Omega wasn't joking when he referred to himself as a "system failure."

Pausing for a moment, Kwan asked, Hyung, how and why are you there?

Umm, it's a simple story, Kwan.

Sure hyung!! Very simple, Seungkwan replied with a hint of sarcasm. So explain everything. But wait, first tell me why you didn't pick up my phone before?

I wasn't in the mood to... I met Joshua... And he told me he found his 'the one' – the human he loves, tears welled up in his eyes as he admitted that his one-sided love for Shua once again remained unrequited.

Kwan listened quietly, sensing the pain in Jeonghan's voice. Hyung..., he said softly, unsure of what to say.
So why are you crying, hyung? It's not like it's the first time he's found a lover.

No, Kwan, you don't get it, his voice was filled with grief. He's serious. He said that person is the one he's been waiting for.

Hyung, it's enough. It's really enough. Just stop it, Kwan spoke firmly. Move on from Shua.

I know, Kwan, Han replied quietly. I've tried...

Kwan sighed with concern. You're like this hyung, and... you're ready to have someone else's kid. What the hell are you even doing?

It's not some play, hyung. Do you even know what you're doing? Kwan asked with concern.

I know, Kwannie. I know. It's not like I will have to co-parent. I simply have to give birth and...

And what, hyung? Give birth and then walk away from this kid's life. Can you do it? Will you feel nothing for the kid you carried for nine months and then gave them away in an instant?

I won't feel anything, Kwan, Jeonghan replied, his voice resolute. It's not like it's the child of someone I love. It just happened. I didn't want this.

Then why are you having it?

I'm having it because Seungcheol wants it.

Kwan's tone was incredulous. Wow, he wants it so you're having it? he responded skeptically. Are you some surrogate or what? Do you think I'm crazy enough to believe this?