12

Hello Kwannie, how was your trip? Jeonghan asked, reclining on Seungcheol's bed, his legs shifting restlessly as he spoke. With Seungcheol at college, Jeonghan had the house to himself.

It would have been good if I didn't catch a cold.

Didn't your New York boy take care of you? Jeonghan asked with a smirk, referring to the man Kwan was slightly interested in.

Please shut up, Kwan retorted, rolling his eyes. I didn't meet him.

Why? Jeonghan's brow furrowed with curiosity.

He's helping his cousin move and settle in.

I see, Jeonghan nodded. That's sad, then.

Maybe, I don't know but  you tell me, about your situation.

The Omega's expression shifted slightly. My situation?, a hint of contemplation in his voice.

I mean, staying at Cheol's house, you don't even know that man. Kwan continued. Are you doing okay?

Jeonghan sighed lightly, he spoke thoughtfully. "It's... different," he admitted. But surprisingly, it's not bad.

He paused, reflecting on the past few weeks. He has been taking care of me, making sure I eat properly and have what I need. It's more than I expected.

Kwan's voice softened. That's good to hear. But... are you really okay with all of this?

Jeonghan hesitated, his expression briefly clouding. I'm not sure, he confessed quietly. Actually I don't know. It's like I'm in a place where nothing feels certain anymore.

He shifted on the bed, gazing up at the ceiling. I don't know what I am doing but it feels alright.

Huh?

Seungcheol wakes up at 8:00, makes food for me, and serves it, he explained, his voice conveying gratitude. Then he heads off to college and returns home briefly before going to practice.

He paused, his expression thoughtful. After practice, he comes back again, and we have some snacks together, Jeonghan continued, a hint of concern in his voice. Then he's off to his part-time job, and he returns late to cook dinner for me once more.

Jeonghan's tone grew somber as he finished, And finally, he goes back to work until 2 or 3 in the morning.

What the hell? Does he even rest? , Kwan yelled. Is he even a human? Or a robot?

I know, right? The older Omega replied. He barely rests. By the time he gets back, he's so exhausted that he falls asleep almost immediately. He paused, his brow furrowing slightly. In the mornings, he really struggles to get up.

Kwan shook his head in disbelief. That's not healthy at all, he remarked
He needs to slow down before it takes a toll on him.

Uhm, he's pushing himself too hard, Jeonghan nodded.

And what are you doing? Just sitting there and eating everything he makes? Seungkwan tone was laced with sarcasm.

Jeonghan raised an eyebrow, I sometimes order food, he replied casually, though his tone belied a hint of defensiveness.

Kwan's eyes widened in disbelief. "You really..." he trailed off, momentarily at a loss for words, clearly taken aback by Jeonghan's response.

What?