17

Seungcheol is your friend? You never told me Hannie!

The Omega glanced nervously at Seungcheol, trying to know his reaction. Seungcheol, composed, met Joshua's gaze with a calm face.

Not friends, just acquaintances, Cheol replied holding onto his pokerface.

Yes, we're not friends, Jeonghan replied with a vigorous nod. Just acquaintances, met through a mutual friend, he explained, wanting to clarify the nature of their relationship to Shua.

Joshua's scrutiny switch was still on, his eyes probing the unusual dynamics between Jeonghan and Seungcheol. Interesting, he muttered to himself, a faint hint of skepticism tinging his words.

Well, good to see you, Jeonghan. Where were you all this time? Shua's hands were now resting gently on Jeonghan's shoulders. The touch was something so familiar and precious for the Omega, causing a smile to light up his previously furrowed expression.

Do you know how much I missed you? Shua's question was met with a genuine and unexpected delight from Jeonghan. Meanwhile, Seungcheol's gaze was on Jeonghan, observing the interaction.

As Shua continued speaking, Seungcheol glanced briefly at Jeonghan before excusing himself from the conversation. Jeonghan barely noticed, his attention fully captured by Shua's presence.

Excuse me, Seungcheol said as he got up from his chair, giving one last glance toward Jeonghan before leaving the conversation.

Meanwhile, Shua took the vacant seat where the Alpha had been sitting, settling comfortably into the space.

Hmm, Jeonghannie? Tell me, what have you been up to? Joshua's smile was as captivating as ever, and Jeonghan felt his heart flutter, afterall he was always dying for Joshua's attention.

Sitting next to him, Joshua appeared so bright, afterall he was the man Jeonghan always dreamt of. Hearing him express how much he missed him brought a mix of emotions to Jeonghan's mind. Part of him felt a sense of triumph, recalling Kwan's warnings that Joshua wouldn't care about him even if he disappeared somewhere. Yet here was he, saying he missed Jeonghan hence breeding the Omega's false narrative.

I've been around, Jeonghan replied. Just sort of vacation and stuff.

Joshua leaned in slightly, his beautiful smile still adorning his face. You know, I really did miss having you around. It's not the same without you.

Jeonghan's heart skipped a beat, him momentarily faltering under Joshua's sincere expression. I... I missed you too, Shua, he admitted, his tone becoming automatically softer.

Joshua's eyes sparkled with genuine delight. Let's catch up sometime, just the two of us. It's been too long.

The Omega nodded slowly, after all this was what he longed for. Yeah, I'd like that, he replied, unable to resist Joshua's pull.

As they continued to talk, the Omega couldn't shake the feeling that his interactions with Joshua were stirring up more than just old memories—they were reigniting the emotions that he had thought were long buried.

**

The class was over, and Jeonghan stepped out into the hallway, his eyes scanning the area for any sign of Seungcheol. Before he could spot him, Joshua's voice caught his attention.

Jeonghan, Joshua called out. Are you searching for someone? His gaze followed the Omega's movements as he looked around.