Chapter 3

Celeste sat up, confused and surrounded by darkness. She felt her heart clench at the recognition that wherever she was, it was neither Hogwarts or the Train.

She stumbled to a standing position, looking around frantically.

"Hello? Is any one there?" she called out desperately, already knowing however she wasn't going to get an answer.

Am I already dead?

She shook the thought out of her mind and took a step forward. Though, it seemed as if her foot went through the floor, and the next thing she knew she was falling. Celeste screamed out in terror, the feeling of her stomach in her throat as she fell.

She squeezed her eyes shut waiting for an impact, but it never came.

When she opened her eyes she found herself in a room, sitting on the ground. She looked around, noticing the crib and baby toys scattered around.

'A nursery?'

Before Celeste got the chance to stand up, the door burst open, making Celeste jump in surprise.

There stood a red haired women holding a baby, slightly bouncing him in her arms with a smile. She was beautiful.

Celeste became aware of the situation, standing up to apologize.

"I'm so sorry i don't know how i ended up h-" before Celeste could finish, the women walked in, seemingly not paying any mind to the 13 year old girl standing in the middle of her baby's nursery awkwardly.

Celeste stepped back in shock, watching as the woman placed the child in the crib, rocking it slightly.

'She can't see me?'

Celeste moved forward, waving her hand in front of the woman's face, still not getting a reaction.

'she can't see me.' she concluded firmly.

She stepped back watching as the red haired woman rocked the crib back and forth, trying to get the child to sleep.

"Harry James, why must you always fight your sleep?" The woman asked with a firm yet playful tone. Celeste stepped back in shock.

Harry James?

While she didn't want to seem weird for knowing this, she was almost 100% sure that James was Harry Potter's middle name. Her mother often told her about her mischievous cousin and his group of prankster friends, in secret of course.

There she had heard of James Potter quite a bit.

Celeste looked at the woman more carefully.

Fiery red hair. Emerald eyes. Son named Harry.

Celeste's stomach dropped. Lily Potter. Her eyes scanned the room, looking for anything else that could be of help to her. As she looked she began to lose hope, as most was just rubbish baby things, but suddenly just as she was about to give up, her eyes locked with a calendar.

Month of October. Everyday crossed out, all up until the very last one. Halloween.

Celeste felt her stomach drop even further, glancing back to the child. The thunder sounding from the window behind her. He looked to be the age. The age when every wizard and witch grew to learn his name.

Celeste's head spun violently. She had to get out.

She didn't know how or why, but she was currently occupying the very room Lilly Potter heroically saved her son by sacrificing herself, on the very night it happened.

Celeste turned to the window behind her frantically going to try and open it, but her hands went right through.

She quickly turned to the door ready to run through, but halted at the sound of a door downstairs slamming open. Celeste's blood ran cold.

She heard the shouts of a man and watched as Lily turned pale, grabbing her wand and running downstairs. Baby Harry began to loudly cry, and Celeste was in the verge of sobbing too.

There was a reason she was in Slytherin rather than Gryffindor. Call her a coward, but she'd rather not be present for fights that aren't her own.

Suddenly Lily ran back into the room, closing the door behind her and locking it.

She rushed to Harry, comforting him, though Celeste could tell she was distraught. James Potter must be dead. She heard the story millions of times.

She heard slow footsteps approaching the door, and Celeste felt her throat get tight as they stopped in front of the locked door.

Lily grabbed her wand, placing herself in front of Harry. Celeste backed herself into the corner as much as possible.

The door burst open making Celeste cover her face with her arms instinctively. She shook with fear as she heard a low snicker.

"Give the boy up. And i shall let you live." The snake like voice of Lord Voldemort sounded, making Celeste flinch.

Celeste finally allowed herself to look up from behind her arms, seeing a cloaked figure standing, facing Lily.

"Never!" Lily shouted as she flung a curse at the man, him easily deflecting it.

Celeste covered her mouth with a shaky hand in order to muffle the sounds of her sobs, despite knowing neither could hear or see her.

She was witnessing the origin story of the Chosen One, and not by choice.

"Then you leave me no choice. Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort yelled as Lily's scream was cut off with a thump.

Celeste couldn't peel her eyes away no matter how hard she tried, they stayed glued to the baby in the crib.

"Now, my reign will be endless." Voldemort raised his wand , stopping for a moment before turning, looking directly at her making Celeste shake in horror.

She felt her body begin to get weak once again.

"Who are you?"

What the last thing she heard before she felt like she was once again endlessly falling.

However, this time as she gasped and her eyes shot open, she found herself in the infirmary.

Draco and the rest of the Slytherins all surrounding her bed.

"I swear i'll kill that Potter. What was she doing in that compartment anyways?" Draco paced angrily, no one noticing said girls open eyes.

"She was going to the bathroom when the dementor got on, maybe she had to go in there to get away?" Blaise spoke from his seat next to her feet.

Draco sneered.

"Just my sisters luck to end up in there with the one person who literally attracts death. She's been out for almost 2 days, any longer and my mother and father will end up storming down here themselves!"

Celeste groaned at the idea of her father in Hogwarts again, and at the shock that she had apparently been out for 2 days.

All the heads around her snapped in her direction, shock evident on their faces.

Celeste winced as she opened her eyes wider.

"Water" she said in a low raspy voice.

Draco rushed to her side.

"What?" he said leaning closer to her to hear.

Celeste lifted her hand slow and dramatically, placing it on Draco's face. The rest of the Slytherins leaned in expectedly.

And suddenly, with the most voice she could conjure, Celeste yelled into Draco's ear.

"WATER!" She pulled his hair slightly.

Draco quickly jumped back, rubbing his ear and head.

He rolled his eyes.

"She's fine, Crabbe just go fetch some water."