Chapter 10

Celeste entered the classroom trailing behind Harry and Professor Lupin, shivering slightly as the classroom was freezing compared to the rest of Hogwarts.

"Are you two sure about this? You know this is very advanced magic, way beyond the ordinary wizarding level."

"I'm sure." Harry said almost immediately, though Celeste gave a confused look.

"What are you talking about?" She said making Lupin's face light up in realization.

"Ah yes, you are unaware of the spell i am teaching you both. Well, have you ever heard of expecto patronum Miss Malfoy?"

Celeste nodded slightly.

"Well then you must know that is a somewhat positive force and can work as a shield. One strong enough to fend off even dozens of dementors if powerful enough."

"But that spell is extremely difficult. I don't even know if my father can produce it." Celeste muttered, thinking back to the things she heard about it.

"Precisely why i am going to teach you both. It may be a difficult spell, but i have no doubt that you both will excel in casting it. But in order for it to work, you need to think of a memory. Not just any memory, a very happy memory. A very powerful memory. Can you both do this?" Lupin leaned on his desk, looking at the two third years in front of him.

Both Celeste and Harry nodded.

"Yes? Very well. Close your eyes."

Celeste hesitated, looking over at the boy next to her who seemed to do it immediately. She sighed before following, slowly closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Concentrate. Explore your past. Do you have a memory?"

Celeste racked her brain for a happy memory, immediately looking to her childhood. Reading on the couch with her mother. Sipping tea with the house elf's. However, she landed on a specific memory she often forgot about, despite how it immediately filled her with a rush of joy.

She thought of the times are and Draco would sneak out of the manor as children, and he would lend her one of his old broom. They would fly around playing Quidditch for hours, laughing as they zipped through the wind.

Celeste wasn't allowed to play Quidditch. Her father said it was unlady like. So her brother, knowing how much she wanted to fly, would help her sneak out to the fields and learn.

She missed how innocent and happy they used to be.

"Allow it to fill you up. Lose yourself in it. Then speak the incantation, Expecto Patronum."

"Expecto Patronum." Both Harry and Celeste said together.

"Very good. Shall we? Wands at the ready."

Celeste opened her eyes, immediately retrieving her wand from her waistband. Glad she hadn't left it in the dorm. She held her wand out as she watched Lupin walk towards a chest.

"It is my belief that you haven't encountered a boggart Miss Malfoy?" Celeste winced. She had skipped that class. But her brother practically talked her ear off about it.

"Yes professor. But i know what they are."

"Great. Are you aware of what Harry's boggart is?"

Celeste nodded her head.

"Yes. My brother wouldn't shut up about it." She caught the sight of Harry rolling his eyes.

"Well in order for you to face a dementor, we will use the boggart. Step behind Harry so your fear doesn't influence it."