Chapter 9

Celeste slept well in the infirmary, breathing a sigh of relief when she woke up with energy for the day.

She woke up early so she could go back to her dorm to get ready, and make it to breakfast on time. She entered the common room to see her brother pacing around, the other Slytherins surrounding him.

Draco's head snapped towards the sound of her walking in, and he rushed to her side.

"Where were you? Pansy said you've been gone all night?" He grabbed her shoulders, shaking her rather dramatically. Celeste glared at Pansy, who was avoiding eye contact, and shook her head sighing.

"Were you with someone?"

Draco's question caught her off guard. Of course she had been with someone. In fact, the night before she had interacted with a lot of people, including the one boy her brother hated the most.

However, she knew what he and probably everyone else in the common room, were thinking. Her face contorted into disgust.

"Merlin Draco no!" Celeste tried pushing past him but he wouldn't budge.

"Then where were you Celeste?" Pansy said in a sickeningly sweet voice, making Celeste roll her eyes.

"That is none of your business, but since you must know, i was in the infirmary." Celeste said firmly before finally pushing past her brother and towards her dorm.

"Why were you there?!?" She heard Draco yell after her, but she simply ignored him and shut her dorm door behind her. She sighed at the quiet in the dorm and prayed silently.

'I just want to have one normal day. Merlin please."

~

It was Saturday, which meant 3rd years would be going to Hogsmeade. Celeste had decided to stay behind, as her body felt weak and she had no wish to be around Draco.

He had practically been attached to her by the hip since he found out that she was in the infirmary, she assumed their father told him to watch her, and Celeste was growing tired of it.

It had taken almost a week for her to convince him that she went to the infirmary simply because she couldn't sleep due to being in an unfamiliar place, which was partly true.

She was also having a hard time with her sleeping potions.

She had to hide them from everyone, as them seeing her drinking them would raise questions she wasn't ready to face, and there were side effects to taking them everyday.

She had very little energy, her body felt more and more weak everyday. She also had almost no appetite, which bothered her as she used to frequent the kitchen for late night snacks and to talk to the elf's.

She woke up early once again that day, and started getting ready.

She put her hair in a neat up-do, securing her fly aways with magic. She pulled on tights with a skirt and blouse.

Even if she wasn't going to Hogsmeade, she was still a Malfoy, as her father always reminded her.

As she made her way to the Great Hall, she sighed as she saw other girls walk past her in jumpers and loose jeans. Celeste had always been jealous of the being able to wear those kind of clothes. She didn't even own a pair of jeans.

The only casual clothes she owed were pajamas.

Celeste strode into the Great Hall, being the first one there. She grabbed a piece of toast and spread jam over it, watching as more and more students showed up, all equally as excited to get to Hogsmeade.

She left the Great Hall quite early, not wanting to run into her brother and walked around the halls.

It was very empty, most of the school in Hogsmeade, and the few first and second years all in their common rooms.

Celeste turned to walk across a bridge, only to come to a stop when she saw Harry Potter and Professor Lupin talking.

She didn't know why Potter wasn't at Hogsmeade, as she had seen both of his friends leave the Great Hall in a hurry to leave.

Harry just so happened to glance over to see her standing there, making him stand up straight. He hadn't talked to her since that night at the astronomy tower.

Professor Lupin also took notice of the girl, and beckoned for her to join them.

Celeste hesitated, but gave in as the Professor sent her a kind smile.

"Me and Mr.Potter were just going to head to my classroom for some extra lessons. Would you like to join us Miss.Malfoy?"

Celeste's brows furrowed.

"What kind of extra lessons?"

"To help if dementors ever come at me again. It could help you too." Harry cut in.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, as he had thought her to be an awful Slytherins just like her twin for the past three years, Celeste Malfoy wasn't all that bad.

The more he thought about it, the more he realized that in the three years he had known her, she never truly engaged in the activities those who she surrounded herself with did. She never called anyone a mudblood, she never flaunted her money and pure blood status, and she never bullied anyone.

Harry just guessed he hadn't noticed before. Or rather he didn't care.

Now that he knew she had some sort of connection to Voldemort, he found himself wanting to get close to her.

He didn't feel alone or crazy in the fact he had a past with the dark wizard, and as awful as it sounds, he was a bit relieved.

There was someone he could relate to.

Celeste hesitated. She didn't want to be caught dead with the Chosen one by her brother. If it was any other day, she would have declined. However, everyone was at hogsmeade including Draco, and the mention of dementors alone was enough to make her falter.

"Okay" She said slowly, almost regretting it immediately as it exited her mouth. Professor Lupin smiled and turned towards both Harry and Celeste.

"Well. We must get going then."

The Lost Prophecy~Harry PotterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara