Chapter 26: Penalteam

At Parc des Princes, with Kim and Marinette as the team captains, choosing their teammates from Miss Bustier's class for a game of soccer. Kim chooses Max to help him discover the best player to help win the match.

"Hmm. I choose—Max!" Max walks next to Kim, along with Markov, and holds a yellow jersey. "Markov, who's gonna give me 100% chance of winning?"

"Processing." Markov prints out a slip of paper with his answer, to which Kim then takes and reads it.

"Alya!" Marinette calls as Alya rushes over to her side.

"Oh no, Alya was Markov's pick." Kim whines.

"Hey, using Markov is cheating!" You pouted. You were not a sports person but you rather hang out with Vanitas as you are now just sitting at the bleachers watching soccer.

"Well we're gonna need the best players if we're gonna win right?" Kim said.

Chloé  rolls her eyes. "Since we obviously know who's gonna win, there's no point in playing. I'm going home." Chloé tries to leave the game but is stopped by Ms. Bustier.

"Nobody's going home and nobody's going to cheat. I specifically asked Mr. Didier to join us to teach you how to play together and develop some team spirit."

"Yes, in soccer. What's important is not winning or losing, but enjoying yourselves by playing together. Together means not only with your teammates, but with everybody on the field." Didier Roustan smiles.

"And I really like playing with my opponents. Especially when we're crushing them." Kim brags.

"I'll totally crush that guy over there." Vanitas mutters.

" Can you all think of ways to make teams more fair?" Didier asked.

"We can try girls against boys!" Alix suggested while all the girls behind her posed.

"No way we'd lose again!" Kim complains

"I know! By alphabetical order of the names of our teddy bears." Rose informs.

"Rose, you're the only one who still has a teddy bear." Alya reminds.

"You and Chloé." Nino added.

:Of course I have a teddy...Uhhh I mean ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. " Chloé stammers.

"Why don't we draw for it?" You're suggestion of drawing for it is cheered and agreed on by the class (minus Chloé) .

Miss Bustier and Didier Roustan nod at each other)

Meanwhile, Marc is dragging Nate to where the class is, as he asks Marc what is the point of playing soccer while Marc tries to tell him the wonders of soccer. Nate asks Marc to come up for an excuse as to why he won't be there. Nate tells Ms. Bustier and Mr. Didier an excuse as he asks Nate if he wishes to play. 

"And so...that's why he can't be here for this class." Marc finished sadly.

"That means we're missing a player." Miss Bustier told the couch.

"Wouldn't you like to play?" Didier asked.

Marc points to himself "Uh...No I...This isn't my class and I'm not all that good."

"It's your call. Uh mind passing me that ball over there before you go?"  Marc rolls the ball to himself, begins juggling with his knees and passes the ball to Didier Roustan. After impressing the class with some kicks with a soccer ball, Marinette hands Nate a bib as the game starts.