Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

"Shh... it's okay. I'm here, Y/N" I whispered. Her body relaxes as she falls deeper in her sleep. I smile softly and place a soft kiss on the side of her head. Once I make sure she's okay, I finally let myself drift off to sleep.

-Not Again-

Y/N P.O.V

Once again, I woke up to find myself in Tanjiro's arms. He must've climbed into my futon when I was having a panic attack. I turn my head to look outside to see the sun has risen. I turn to look at Tanjiro, placing my hand on his shoulder as I lightly wake him up.

He slowly moves a little as he opens his eyes. I smile softly at him. "Come on, Tanjiro. Let's head back now" I said. He smiles at me and nods his head. The two of us grabs our belongings, bidding bye at Saburo-San while thanking him for letting us stay the night. After that, the two of us make our way up the mountain.

"I can't wait to tell everyone that you're finally able to speak to someone aside from our family, Y/N!" Tanjiro said, excitedly. I just give him a small smile. I turn to look forward as we continue to walk.

Tanjiro suddenly stops walking, making me turn to look at him with a confused gaze. "The scent of blood" he said, breathing heavily. My eyes widen at what he said. He starts to run with me following close behind him.

My eyes widen when we reaches our house. Nezuko is lying on the ground, her arm is covering Rokuta. Blood pools around them, tainting the white snow under them. The pure white snow is now red because of their blood.

Tanjiro let out a yell as he drops the basket from his back. I rush forward and turn to look inside the house. My breathing becomes heavy when I saw everyone in the same state as Nezuko and Rokuta.

"No... not again" I breathed out. My knees gaze up in supporting my body. I land on my knees as I stare at the dead bodies of the Kamado family. My breathing starts to get heavy as memories of what happened to both my parents and sister came flooding back into my mind.

I lift my hands as I clutch onto my head. A scream breaks through my throat as I yell out in frustration. Just when I thought I finally found my happiness again. It just had to be torn away from me again!

"Y/N! Y/N!! Hang in there! Nezuko... she's still warm! We've got to get her to the village. She can still be saved, Y/N! We have to save her!" Tanjiro said, placing both of his hands on my shoulders as he shakes me lightly. My scream stops after he said that.

"Sorry..." I said. He gives me a light smile. He turns his attention to Nezuko, picking her up on his back. The two of us starts running down the hill as fast as we can, desperately starts calling out to Nezuko. In my head, I chanted a silent prayer that Nezuko will survive.

Nezuko suddenly starts to move, I grab Tanjiro's hand as I try to prevent him from falling off the cliff. But the weight of two people is too much for me to handle. In the end, the three of us falls down.

I flip mid-air and lands swiftly on my feet while Tanjiro lands on his back. The snow cushioned his fall. I turn my head to look up at the spot we had fallen off from. I'm not sure how it's possible for me to do this kind of thing. After the demon's attack, my reflect just got sharper.

I shake my head and rush towards Tanjiro. "Are you okay?" I asked, helping him up. I notice Nezuko-Nee isn't around. "Nezuko? Nezuko!!" I yelled out, trying to look for her.

My eyes eventually landed on Nezuko who stands not far from us. "Nezuko!" I said. I rush towards her and gently places my hands on her shoulders. "What are you doing standing?" I said. I turn to look at Tanjiro and calls out for him. I turn to look at Nezuko again. I gasp when she looks up to reveal slits in her eyes. Her fangs gotten sharper. I yelp when she suddenly lunges at me.

"Nezuko! What are you doing?! That's Y/N!" Tanjiro yelled out. He rushes over to us and try to pull her off me. Nezuko turn her attention to him and tries to attack him.

I stare at her wide-eyed as Tanjiro struggles to fight her off. She has turned into a demon. But she's different from the demon that murdered my family. She still looks so human.

I shake my head. "Nezuko!! Stop it! That's Tanjiro!" I yelled out. I rush over and grabs onto her shoulders. "Fight it, Nezuko! Don't turn into a monster!!" I yelled out, trying to get her to snap out of it. My eyes widen when I notice something dripping from her eyes, and lands on Tanjiro's cheeks. It didn't take long for me to realize they were her tears. She's still Nezuko deep in her heart.

I hear footsteps and turn my head to see a man with a mix-matched haori. In his hand is a sword. He looks like he's ready to kill something. I know his kind of people. They're the demon slayer. Which means he's here to kill Nezuko. I quickly move to stand in front of them and lift my feet, kicking him off.

He did a flip and lands on the ground. He stares at me with a look of surprise. He's probably wondering how can someone who has no experience like me managed to land a hit on a trained Slayer.

"Why are you protecting that thing?" He asked. I turn my head to look at Tanjiro as he holds onto Nezuko who tries to run away. I turn my head to look at the man who just stared at us coldly.

"She's my friend... and family. These people welcomed me after I lost my family" I said. I notice his eyes soften a little. That reaction alone allows me to realize he must've had a similar situation when he was younger.

"I'm here to kill that demon. So step aside if you don't want to get hurt" he said. I shake my head and take a stance instead. He frowns at my reaction. "I don't know what's the deal with you. You're clearly just an ordinary human with no special training. So how are you able to match my strength?" He asked.

"That's something I'd like to know too. But now is not the time to be thinking about that. You're planning to kill someone I cherish... I won't let you" I said. He lunges forward and I do a backflip. I duck down when he swing his kick at me. I slide on the ground, trying to get him off balance.

I lost my footing which allows him to knock me down. I wince when I land on the ground. I quickly move to sit up, only for him to hit my pressure point on the neck. My sight grows blurry. I fall back on the ground as my surrounding becomes blurry. He stares at me and turn to look at Tanjiro and Nezuko.

"No... don't hurt her" I said, struggling to keep awake. My arms feel jelly. Eventually I fall back on the ground, lying on my stomach. My eyes slowly drifted shut. My surrounding went dark.

*to be continued*