Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

I have to be strong, because I know Tanjiro is trying his best. I don't want to be a burden to him because he needs to worry about his sister and finding a cure to change Nezuko back into a human. So I will try my best too. So I'll be able to help him.

-Solo Training-

Y/N P.O.V

After the nightmare, I have a hard time to fall asleep. I'm scared that if I shut my eyes, the nightmare will come to haunt me again. So I've been sitting on the futon after I woke up.

You need to rest, Y/N... Luana's voice echoed in my head. I let out a sigh at what she said, and close my eyes for a few seconds. You still have training to do... you need to be in your best state she said. I feel a sense of worry growing. I know it's Luana's worry about my state.

'Luana. Can't you be the one to teach me? Teach me how to control your power...' I said. A hear a soft hum in my head. 'These Hashira's don't even have the ability to use ice. I know I've only trained under Himejima-San. But it didn't work out. The other Hashira's uses Wing, Flame, Mist, Sound, Serpent, Insect, Love and Water breathing. How will those help me?' I questioned.

You're right... I can train you. But it has to be you who asked to be trained by me. Much like how I'm awakened when you needed me she said. I let out a sigh at what she said. So many riddles and not a single clue. How am I supposed to know that?!

"You've got to be kidding me..." I mumbled. I hear a soft laugh coming from her. "Well, can we start now, Luana?" I asked. I hear a surprise sound coming from her.

Right now?? Y/N... it's midnight. Plus, you just trained with the Stone Hashira. You're in no condition to train! She said, almost in scolding manner. She can sense that I'm not going to change my mind. A soft sigh can be heard from her. You're serious, are you? Very well then... let's head out. Find an open field, okay? She said.

"Okay..." I said in a soft voice. I move to stand up and make my way outside. I try to be as quiet as possible so I don't bother anyone. I walk on my toes to minimize the sound.

Once we're outside. I lift my hand to summon Luana. She smiles at me. You're getting good at summoning me she said. I just smile at what she said. She walks over to me. Lift your hand... she said. I lift my hand. She gently place a red stone on my hand. This is a special stone. Crush it with your hand, and it would give you a new skill she said.

"Er... okay..." I said. I turn my head to look at the stone on my hand. I clench my hand around it tightly. A burst of aura emits from the stone, engulfing my body.

I feel my body getting energized by it

I feel my body getting energized by it. I open my eyes to see any bruises on my body have healed at a rapid rate. I turn my head to look at Luana, waiting for her to explain to me what's going on.

That stone increases your stamina. It will make your body stronger with physically and mentally. You can try with that boulder... she said. She points at a large boulder. I stare at it for a few seconds. Crush it... she said.

"Crush a boulder?! Empty handed too?" I said. She nods her head lightly. Damn... is she trying to get me to break my hand? But training is training. Right now she's my mentor, so I have to listen to her. I slowly make my way towards the boulder.

I take a deep breath and lift my fist. "Haaa!!!" I yelled out as I punch the boulder. I jump back in fright when the boulder shatters. I turn my head to look at my hand to see it's completely fine. I stare at it in shock and turn to look at Luana. "How's that possible?!" I asked.

I told you. The stone increases your strength she said, smiling at me. Now, let's start working on your skills in weaponry too, shall we? She said. I grin and nod my head. I lift my hand and materialize my ice sword. She lift her hand. My face pales when the same demon that killed my family appears before me. I feel my whole body freezing up.

Do not be afraid, Y/N... if you let fear consume your mind. You won't be able to fight properly. Believe in yourself and face your fear. Now deep breath she said, softly. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, as instructed. She's right, I won't be able to do anything if I keep letting myself freezing up at the sight of danger.

I open my eyes and shows determination. I've beat this demon once. I'm sure I can do it again. The demon open his mouth revealing sharp teeth. I gulp and shake my head.

"No... no more being afraid. I'm not defenseless any longer" I said. I lunges forward and strike the demon, who blocks all of my attack. "Damn... I wish I'm a lot faster than this" I said. I shake my head. I can't count on Luana keep giving me that special stone. I've got to gain speed with my own hard work! If I can't make up with speed, then I'll have to make use of my strength.

The demon let out a laugh as it kicks me on my stomach and sends me flying towards the wall. I'm gonna have to apologize to Himejima-San for that. A smirk forms on the demon's face as if this is the most amusing thing in his life.

"What can a little girl like you do? You're useless" he said. I feel fear growing once again. He walks up to me and kneels down. "You're so weak... only able to watch as I murdered all your family members. To think that you managed to kill me. That was just some dumb luck!" He taunted. I let out a shaky breath as I close my eyes. The horrible memories came rushing back inside my mind.

"No... I'm not weak. I'm stronger now!" I said. I give the demon a strong kick, sending him flying away. I stand up as I glare at the demon. "I'm not afraid anymore!! I will kill you. I'll kill all of you damned monsters!!" I yelled out.

I let out a yell as I lunges towards the demon, feeling my body lighter as the fear completely leave my body. This time the demon struggles to block my attack, resulting in getting cuts all over his body. I jump and spin, slicing the demon's head off.

I drop on my knees as I breathe heavily. The demon's body vanishes. "It feels too real to be just an illusion" I said. I hear footsteps coming closer. I turn my head to see Luana.

Because it wasn't an illusion. I brought him back from the land of the dead. With the sole purpose of making you fight your fear... she said. I stare at her in disbelief. She smiles softly at me. And you've done an amazing job. You're no longer afraid and you're a lot stronger. I'm so proud of you, Y/N she said, smiling proudly at her.

I smile tiredly at her and move to lay on my back as I stare at the sky above. The moon is still up, but it's not high. Which means the dawn is breaking any time soon. I close my eyes as I let myself relax. Mom... dad... S/N-Nee... I'm no longer afraid.

*to be continued*