Chapter 25

Previously on Chapter 24

I lift my hands, cupping her cheeks as I kiss her gently. I pour all my feelings for her through this kiss. I've never felt so desperate before. Please, Y/N. Please realize that I'm the one who loves you the most. Please... choose me instead of him.

-Unfocused-

Y/N P.O.V

I place my hand on Muichiro's shoulders, pushing him back. He looks hurt by my action as he stares at me with a sad gaze. I smile apologetically as I move away from the wall, backing away from him to create some distance between us.

"I need time, Muichiro. First Tanjiro and now you... I don't know. I don't know what to think" I said. He nod his head lightly. He lift his hand, gently cupping the side of my cheek. His thumb gently caressing my s/c skin.

"I understand... take all the time you'd need. I hope it won't change anything between us" he said. He said the exact same words as Tanjiro did earlier. Both of them just confessed that they have feelings for me. What should I do? Two of my closest friends... are in love with me.

"It won't... trust me" I said, smiling softly at him. He smiled at me and nod his head. "I have to get going now Muichiro. I have a mission to go to. I'll see you when I get back, okay?" I said. He nod his head. He leans down, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Be careful, okay?" He said, in a soft voice. He gently caresses my cheek, while staring at me with a loving gaze. I smile softly at him, nodding my head lightly. I slowly turn around and walks away.

Muichiro P.O.V

I watch as she walks away. She didn't answer to my feelings for her. But, she also didn't answer Tanjiro's. I still have hope. Hopefully, I can prove myself to her. I hope that she'd be able to see how true my feelings are for her, so she'd choose me.

I let out a sigh and turn around, heading back to my Estate. I hope Y/N will be okay wherever she's heading to. I hope the enemy she's facing won't be too strong that she'd have a hard time to fight. I don't want her to get hurt.

***

Y/N P.O.V

As I near the destination, I feel a strange evil aura. I lift my hand, letting my sword appear. I keep my guard up as I try to be aware of my surroundings so the demon won't be able to ambush me. No, not demon... demons.

I stop in my tracks, eyes widening slightly when I feel there are more demons in the area. I thought demons can't team up. But these demons don't have that sense of malice towards one another.

"What have we here? A sweet little marechi lamb..." a voice said. I turn my head to see one of the demons. I point my sword at him, making his grin widen. "Not just any lamb... a Hashira. Your presence says it all" he said.

"Can I have the first bite, brother?" Another voice said. I glance over my shoulder to see another demon. He turn to look at me. His sticks out his serpent like tongue. I just watch as he licks his lower lips and drools are flowing down his chin while staring at me in hunger. His action makes shiver runs down my spine.

"Aww, come on. Don't take all the fun by yourself" another voice said. I feel an arm gently drape around my shoulder. I turn my head to see another demon. This one seems to be the youngest out of them. He turn his head to look at me briefly and turn to look at the others. "This girl is such a pretty little thing. It'll be a shame for us if we just devour her. How about we have a fun first, what do you say, doll?" He said.

I swing my feet, kicking him off me. He let out a laugh as he throws his head back. "My... she got some fire in her. I like it!!" He said. I lift my other hand, allowing a second sword to appear. "Ah... a strange one too. This is your kind of thing isn't that right, Ryou-Aniki" he said.

"Exactly. Ahh~ I can feel myself getting excited already" the demon Ryou said. I jump out of the way when he try to strike me. "Quite agile too. Ooooh~ this will be fun!!" He said.

I feel something cutting my side. I turn my head to see a claw. "Awe... that's not fair, Ray-Aniki. I wanna be the first to land a hit on her" the other said. I place my hand on the cut, trying to stop the bleeding. I feel my knees going numb. It seems like his claw has poisons in them. "Ah, the toxin has started to spread" he said.

'Damn it... I should've been more careful' I thought to myself, scolding myself for not being aware. This fight is one against three. They seem strong too. Am I going to make it out alive? Tanjiro... Muichiro... will I be able to see them again?

Focus, Y/N!! Luana yelled out in my head, snapping me out of my daze. I jump out of the way when they try to attack me. Don't let yourself lose focus in the middle of a fight! Do you wish to die?! Luana scolded me angrily.

'Sorry...' I said. I shake my head as I try to keep my head focus on the battle. It's not a matter of can or can't. I've got to do this. I have to win. I made a promise to both Muichiro and Tanjiro that I will be okay... that I will make it back safely. I have to keep that promise!!

My knees weakens as I drop on my knees. I feel it... the toxin spreading, flowing through my blood stream. This is bad. I've got to end this as soon as possible. But, if I keep on moving. It'll spread the toxin faster. I clench my hands into tight fists on the ground. My sight starts to get blurry.

'Stay awake, Y/N!! If you pass out now, these demons are going to claim your life!! You have to live!!' I yell to myself mentally. I shake my head as I try to ignore the throbbing pain that had started on my head. This is bad. I can't get myself to focus.

What should I do??

*to be continued*