Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

"Stay safe, Sir..." I said. We turn around and rushes off to the direction Tokito-San had pointed. I feel anger in my heart. There's no longer fear in my heart. Just plain anger. I'll make sure the monster who created this mess will pay for what they've done to these poor villager's home. I'll make them sorry!

-Unwavering Determination-

Y/N P.O.V

We ended up at the outskirts of the village. I feel there's something eerie about this area. Without a doubt, it must be the demon lurking around here. I lift my hand as I let the sword materialized. I look around cautiously, trying to be make sure the demon won't be able to ambush us.

"Well well well... look what the cats have brought in" a voice said. I turn my head to see a demon standing on top of a hill. He stares at the two of us with a look of hunger in his eyes. "One of them is a marechi... it's been so long since I've had marechi as a snack" he said. Again with that name. Every demons I've faced so far would call me 'marechi.' What exactly is a marechi? And why do the demons look crazed about that?

I stare into the demon's eyes, noticing something in his eyes. Lower Moon 6. Tokito-San seems to notice that too. He moves to stand in front of me. He turn his head to my direction.

"Let me handle this. This is one of the Twelve Kizuki. Which means he serves right under Kibutsuji. He's too strong for your current level" he said. I frown at what he said.

"Tokito-San... please. Let me fight him too. At least... until I'm unable to fight. I don't want to live in fear any longer. Give me a chance to fight" I said. He stares into my eyes and notice the look of determination. He let out a sigh and lower his hand.

"Very well. But if things get out of hand. I'll be stepping in" he said. I smile gratefully at him and nod my head. I let the sword disappear as I decide to use a long distance weapon. I straighten my arm, letting a bow appear.

I pull on the string, letting an arrow appear

I pull on the string, letting an arrow appear. I focus to channel my aura through the arrow, making it stronger. I release it, shooting a bunch of arrows at the demon.

The demon disappears and reappear next to me

The demon disappears and reappear next to me. I let out a gasp at the sight. He's fast. He swing his punch and I quickly jump out of the way, resulting in him punching the ground beneath me. The impact created a huge crack on the ground. He's strong too.

I click my tongue in annoyance as I land not far from where I previously stood. I've got to be careful and think my attack thoroughly. With that speed of his, an archery won't work. So I change back to a sword.

My eyes widen when the demon suddenly appears in front of me. He kicks me on my lower abdomen, sending me flying towards a broken rubble. I feel a few of my ribs crack at the impact.

"Y/N!! I'm stepping in! You're clearly not strong enough right now!" Tokito-San said. I hear the panic in his voice. I force myself to stand up. I wipe the blood from my lips.

"No, Tokito-San! I can still fight" I said. The demon's lips forms into a malice smirk. I feel fear growing within me. The smirk on the demon's face reminds me of the demon that murdered my family. That same look of malice.

I thought that I'm no longer afraid. But seems like I'm still the same weak child. I shut my eyes tightly and shakes my head. No, Y/N! You mustn't let fear consume you! Fight it!!

That's right... fight your fear... believe in yourself Luana's voice echoed in my head. I take a deep breath as I clench my hands into tight fist. You can do this... she said, softly. I open my hands and create an ice sword again. This time, two of them. I open my eyes as I feel my aura flow through my vein and into the swords.

"I'm done having people protect me all the time!! It's time for me to fight for myself! Protect the people I care about!! No more living in terror!! No more being afraid! It's time for me to turn the table around!!" I yelled out.

I lunges forward towards the demon, swords raise up high ready to strike him down. My speed gradually increasing. I let out a yell as I start to slice the demon repeatedly. I jump a few feet back when the demon tries to strike me. The demon tries to strike me, this time I match his speed.

'More. More!! Put more ferocity. Gain more speed!!! More strength!! Kill that demon. Kill him!! Visualize the demon that killed mom, dad and Nee-San!! Channel your anger! More!! More!!!" I yelled inside my head. I let out a scream as I slice my swords in scissoring motion, finally cutting through the demon's neck.

I drop on the ground on my hands and knees as I start to breathe heavily. My body feels numb and every muscles on my body aches painfully. Even the broken ribs starts to hurt like hell. I cough up blood from all the pressure I push myself through.

The swords melts into water as I watch the demon's body slowly disintegrates into ashes. He starts shouting insults at me. But my ears are ringing, so I can't hear what he's saying. Eventually, he becomes nothing but ashes.

I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders. I turn my head to see Tokito-San. He has a proud smile on his face. But I can't hear what he said. My eyes rolls back as my body falls forward into his arms.

Muichiro P.O.V

I can't believe it... she actually did it! She defeated one of the Twelve Kizuki. All on her own! She's a lot stronger than I thought she was.

I rush towards her. "You did it, Y/N. You won!" I said. She just stared at me. Her eyes seem to be going in and out of focus. Her body eventually falls forward. I catch her body in my arms before she hits the ground. I stare at her face as she leans her head on my chest. My eyes soften as I stare at her exhausted face. A soft smile start to form on my lips as I stare at her.

You did it, Y/N

*to be continued*