Chapter 27

Previously on Chapter 26

'Don't leave me, Y/N...' they thought together. They'd put aside their little rivalry, the only thing matters to them is for Y/N to recover. They'll wait patiently until they'd be able to see her beautiful e/c eyes again, and her beautiful smile. No matter how long it'll take.

-Stay With Me-

3rd P.O.V

A month has passed since Shinobu finally managed to create a cure for Y/N. The girl has finally stabilized. But she still hasn't regained her consciousness. She remains in a comatose state. The only sign of her being alive is the rise and fall of her chest, that tells the people around her that she's still breathing.

Tanjiro and Muichiro are the most regular visitors for the h/c haired girl. As time passes, their love for the girl only grows stronger. Which makes them more desperate for her to open her eyes. To let them know that she's all right.

"Hey, Y/N..." Tanjiro said, as he enters the room. His chest tighten at the sight of the girl being connected to the oxygen and IV bag. He wants more than anything to see her running around with a huge smile on her face.

Tanjiro let out a sigh when he's only met with silence. He gently places the flower he brought for the girl inside a vase. He turn his attention to the girl. A sad smile forms on his face as he approaches her.

"I've been training hard, Y/N... I'm determined to catch up to you. I will be as strong as you. Well, maybe even stronger. So I can be the one to protect you" he said. He bit his lips as tears starts to gather in his eyes. He gently grab the h/c haired girl hand, nuzzling his cheek on the back of her hand. "Please wake up, Y/N. I'm so scared to lose you..." he whispered softly.

The door slowly opens. Tanjiro turns his head to see it's Muichiro. Muichiro slowly approaches the lying girl. He takes a seat on the edge of the bed, on the other side that Tanjiro isn't sitting on. He also grab the h/c haired girl's hand.

"Hey, Y/N... how long are you going to keep sleeping? Everyone misses you, you know? I miss you. Please... don't leave me" he said, staring sadly at the girl he has come to cherish dearly. He leans down so his lips are right next to her ear. "Stay with me..." he whispered, hoping that somehow Y/N would hear him.

They look down as they try to control themselves. They try their hardest not to start crying, because they don't want to worry Y/N when she wakes up to see tears on their faces. But a few tears still managed to fall from their eyes.

The hand they're holding slowly tighten, making them let out a gasp. They turn their heads to look at Y/N in anticipation. They let out a shaky breath when Y/N eyelids starts to flutter. Slowly, Y/N opens her eyes. A pair of e/c scans around the room, until they landed on both of them.

Y/N P.O.V

My whole body feels like they're on fire. I feel so weak that I can't even open my eyes. But my ears can hear everything. All of their voices. Muichiro and Tanjiro. The sound of desperation in their voice, begging me to open my eyes. It brought pain into my heart.

I don't know how long it has passed until I'm able to force myself to open my eyes. The first thing I see is the ceiling above me. As I advert my gaze to the side. My eye makes contact with a pair of red eyes, and a pair of turquoise eyes. Their eyes widen slightly before starting to swell up in tears.

I smile tiredly at them. "Hey. Tanjiro... Muichiro..." I said, in a weak voice. My voice sounded hoarse over time I've been unconscious. My body still feels tired after trying to fight the toxin. Luana succeeded in getting rid of them completely. But I know she didn't do it alone. Shinobu-San must've gave me a cure to help me clear the toxin from my blood.

"Y-Y/N..." Tanjiro said. My eyes soften as I watch both of their tears starts to flow down their cheeks. I lift my hands weakly, gently cupping their cheeks. I wipe the tears from their faces. "I thought you were going to die. Don't do that to me again..." he cried out.

"Yeah... don't do that again" Muichiro joins in. I give them a close eyed smile. "I was so scared, Y/N..." he said. They hold my hands to their faces. I just caress their faces gently. I'm glad that I'm still given a chance to see both of them.

"Don't cry... I'm okay" I said, softly. They choke out a sob as they lay down on either side of me. I wrap my arms around them as they lay their heads on my shoulders. I place my hands on their heads as I gently caress their hair. I close my eyes as I wait for the two of them to calm down. "I'm all right..." I said again, trying to assure them that I'm going to be fine.

"You shouldn't lay on her like that" a new voice said. I turn my head to the sound to see it's Shinobu-San. The boys turn their head to look at her. "Get off of her. She's still injured" she said. Muichiro and Tanjiro instantly get up. They seem to be forgetting about that little detail.

"Sorry, Y/N..." Tanjiro said, while Muichiro smiles at me apologetically. I smile softly at the two of them, and assures them that I'm okay. "I'm just so glad that you're finally awake..." he said.

"Are you really all right?" Muichiro asked. I turn my head to look at him and nod my head. "Thank goodness. I really thought... I r-really t-thought you were g-going to d-die. I was so scared" he said, looking he was going to cry again.

"Ah... come on. Don't start crying again. Both of you" I said, looking at the two of them. They wipe their eyes to get rid of the tears. A soft smile starts to form on both of their faces, making me smile softly.

Shinobu-San approaches the bed as she stares at me with a worried gaze. "How're you feeling?" She asked. I turn to look at her and smiles softly.

"I'm all right. Thank you for your hard work to keep me alive" I said. She stares at me for a few seconds. I notice her eyes getting teary. "Oh, come on, Shinobu-San. Don't start crying too" I said. She shakes her head, gently wipe her tears.

"Just be careful next time you go on a battle, alright?" She said. I smile softly and nod my head. "I'll have Aoi prepare some meals for you... you must be hungry after being in a coma for over a month. Do you think you can eat?" She said.

"I think..." I said, nodding my head. She smiles and nod her head. I start to cough because my throat feels a lot drier than it did a while ago. Muichiro helps me sit up as Shinobu-San hands me a cup of water. Tanjiro gently pat my back comfortingly. I gently take it from her and starts to drink slowly.

Tanjiro takes the cup from me after I finished drinking. He place it on the table. I turn to look at Shinobu-San and smiles. "Thank you, Shinobu-San..." I said, smiling softly at her. She gently caress my hair and turns around, walking out of my room.

Aoi enters the room not long after, holding a tray in her hands. "I'm so glad to see you're finally awake, L/N-San. These two boys are both so worried about you. The crows didn't even dare to send them on a mission" she said. Both Muichiro's and Tanjiro's faces turns a bright shade of red at the comment she had made. I let out a soft giggle.

Aoi gently placed the tray on a small table on the bed so I can eat. I lift my hand to grab the chopsticks, but it's still weak and can't grasp the chopsticks properly. Which ended up making me drop them.

"Seems like you can't eat by yourself... do you want me to feed you?" Tanjiro offered. I turn my head to look at him. But before he could touch the chopsticks, Muichiro is already holding it in his hand.

"I'll feed you" he said. I let out a sigh as they start to argue about who should be feeding me. Seriously, are they going to argue over small things now?

"Cut it out!!" I exclaimed, startling the two boys. They turn their heads to look at me. "Just... take turns, okay?" I said. They turn to look at each other and finally nod their heads. I let out a sigh of relief. Muichiro gently feed me some radish, and Tanjiro feeds me some rice. I close my eyes as I slowly chew the food.

These two boys... they're the closest people in my life. It's an obvious fact. But I never would've expected that these two would be falling in love with me. I don't know what to do.

I don't want to hurt one of them by choosing between them. But I can't possibly be with two of them, because two-timing is bad thing in my eyes. What should I do?

*to be continued*