Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

My mind recalls what Kocho-San just said. She claimed that I'm more expressive ever since Y/N got here. Did I really starts showing more emotions because of Y/N? I don't know what's gotten into me. But something about her just makes me feel... warm.

-First Mission-

Y/N P.O.V

It took me about a week to recover from my fever. Today, I can finally leave the hospital Ward of the Butterfly Estate. I was told a while ago by Oyakata-Sama's crow that he wanted to see me. I wonder what Oyakata-Sama has to say.

When I got to his Estate, I realize all the Hashira's are here. I join them, claiming a spot next to Tokito-San to kneel down in front of Oyakata-Sama. Have they been here for long? God... I hope I'm not making Oyakata-Sama wait for too long.

"Seems like Y/N have joined us..." he said. I lower my head further to show respect for him. "How's your training with the Hashira's going? Have you found the right person to be your trainer?" He asked.

"I've only trained with 5 of them, Oyakata-Sama. I've trained with Himejima-San, Tengen-San, Rengoku-San, Tomioka-San and Iguro-San. But so far, I don't think they're the right trainer for me" I said. I hear a scoff and turn my head to see Shinazugawa-San. He looks slightly annoyed by what I said.

"I see... that left Sanemi, Mitsuri, Shinobu and Muichiro that haven't tried to train you" he said. I said a soft 'yes' to his comment. He nods his head. "Based on the report I have received from the 5 Hashira's that have tried to train with you. They claim that you're already stronger on your own. All 5 of them agreed that you're ready to go on a mission. But going on a mission could be very dangerous for someone who haven't have that many experiences. So I'll let you go to assist on of the Hashira that will be going on a mission today. Muichiro... do you have any objection for this?" He said.

"No, Oyakata-Sama. I have no objection at all..." Tokito-San said. I turn my head to look at him. He turn to look at me. I notice the corner of his lips twitched a little, like he's trying to smile. I smile softly at him and turn to look forward.

"Very well... after this meeting is over, you're allowed to leave for your joined mission" Oyakata-Sama said. We said a soft 'yes, Oyakata-Sama' in response to his words. He starts talking about other things, which includes the progenitors of demons, Kibutsuji Muzan. I stay silent as I listen to his speech.

So Kibutsuji Muzan was the first demon to ever come into existence. He's the one responsible to the suffering of all humans. The creator of demons.

I clench my hand that's on my knee, feeling anger start to grow within me. If it weren't for Kibutsuji Muzan. My family would still be alive. He's the reason my parents and sister were killed. They were killed by the monster he created. I'll make sure he's going to pay for that!

After a while the meeting finally over. Tokito-San told me to follow him. I just stand up and do as he asked. I follows him quietly out of the Headquarter.

"We'll be leaving for the mission now. Are you ready?" He asked, turning his head to look at me. I just nod my head lightly. "Very well. Let us be on our way" he said.

"Yes, Tokito-San" I said, nodding my head. He nods his head at what I said. He turns around and starts walking again. I just follows close behind him as he leads the way to the destination where the mission takes place.

***

We stand in front of the entrance of the village. My eyes sadden at the state the village is in. Everything looks a mess.

"What happened to this place?" I said

"What happened to this place?" I said. My heart feels heavy, seeing the village in shambles. It looks like a beast had ran over it, creating havoc. "I really hope there will be some survivors" I said.

"Alright. Come on..." Tokito-San said. We start to make our way through the road of the village. I look around, hoping to find movements or any signs that there might be someone who survived this attack.

"H-Help..." a weak voice said. I turn my head to the sound. I quickly rush towards it to find a man trapped underneath the rubble. My eyes widen at the sight.

"Tokito-San!! Over here!" I yelled out. Tokito-San rushes over to us. I turn my head to look at the man. "Hang in there, sir. I'll get you out of this, okay?" I said. I place my hands on the rubble. I focus on my strength to get my muscle stronger. I pull the rubble and throws it away. I place my hand on the man's arm, allowing him to wrap it around my shoulders.

"I got you, sir..." I said. I gently guide him away from the rubbles, worried that they might collapse on us. I gently sits him down on top of a wood stump. I pull out some bandages from the satchel I've brought with me. "Can you tell us what's going on in this place?" I asked, while gently treating the wounds on his body.

"A monster... it created havoc to our village. It killed my family. I can't do anything to protect them!" He cried out as he covers his face. My chest tightens at the sound of pain in his voice. I understand what he feels because it's exactly how I was when that monster killed my parents and sister.

"Don't worry... I'll find that demon and put an end to this mess. Forgive me that we came late. If we had came sooner, we could've rescued your family" I said. He just looks down at what I said. I gently tie the knot on the bandage to make sure it's secure. "The Kakushi group will come and give you a proper treatment. They will look for any possible survivors as well. In the meantime, please stay as far away from this area as possible, okay? I don't want you to get caught up as we fight that demon" I said. He nod his head lightly.

"Are you done?" Tokito-San said. I turn my head to look at him and nod my head. "Let's go... I can feel a strange aura coming from that direction" he said, pointing to a certain direction. I nod my head lightly. I turn to look at the man and smiles softly.

"Stay safe, Sir..." I said. We turn around and rushes off to the direction Tokito-San had pointed. I feel anger in my heart. There's no longer fear in my heart. Just plain anger. I'll make sure the monster who created this mess will pay for what they've done to these poor villager's home. I'll make them sorry!

*to be continued*