Johnny, please take care of yourself

This fanfiction contains original characters. These are not my characters. They belong to Melonsw33t on tumblr, I have permission to use them (Shiv and Cecil)

Cecil was bored and knew that John Dory wasn't doing anything important, at least to their knowledge.

They figured that they could at least get a show, watching John clean or move things for Rhonda. Plus Cecil liked annoying him, a little bit. It totally wasn't because he was pretty to look at.

Cecil walked over to where Rhonda was parked, the armadillo excitedly trilling at them.

"Hey Rhonda." Cecil said, walking over to the front of the bus to give her some scratches.

They had gotten pretty close to Rhonda over the past few months with Cecil and JD fooling around together.

Rhonda purred happily as Cecil scratched her under her chin, Cecil stepping out of the way just in time to avoid Rhonda's tongue.

"Ok girl, I'm going to see what your dad's up to. Be good." Cecil said, waving goodbye to Rhonda as they walked back over to the door.

Cecil knocked on the door, waiting for John to answer. They could hear him inside moving around.

After a few minutes, they heard a crash. Cecil pushed open the door, rushing inside.

John Dory was laying face down on the floor. He did not look good.

Cecil crouched down, getting a better look at John's face. He was flushed and sweaty and shivering.

"Johnny, you okay?" Cecil said softly, gently shaking John's shoulder.

JD's eyes shot open, he quickly sat up, pushing them away in the process.

Cecil looked on in concern, a bit taken back by John Dory's behavior.

John tried to stand up, emphasize on tried. He was unsteady and stumbling slightly.

"Are you okay John?" Cecil asked again, standing closer to John Dory, he looked like he was about to fall or pass out.

John looked at them, his eyes unfocused. He looked like he was trying to focus on Cecil but his eyes weren't cooperating with him.

" 'm fine." was all John mumbled, waving them off as he tried to walk away.

John stumbled, Cecil being quick to catch him.

"You are not fine. You can't even stand. What's going on? What's wrong with you?" Cecil asked, grabbing JD's chin to make him look them in the eyes.

"I'm fine." John grumbled, pulling his face away from them, almost falling over in the process.

When holding John Dory in their arms, they could feel how hot he was to the touch. Cecil put the back of their hand to his forehead, feeling his high temperature.

"John, you are not fine. You're burning up. Stop trying to pull away, let me help you get to bed." Cecil said, almost dragging JD to his bed.

John tried to fight them but in his weakened state, it was pointless. They got him over to the bed but he refused to lay down.

Cecil was not going to leave him like that without at least getting him into bed.

John Dory glared up at them, not saying a word.

"You know, you're a real asshole when you're sick. I'm trying to help you and you just keep fighting me." Cecil said, frustrated as they crossed their arms across their chest.

"I'm not sick. I'm fine." John said pointedly, pouting.

"Oh if you're so fine, then you won't mind if I take your temperature." Cecil said, walking over to the bathroom to get the thermometer out of the medicine cabinet.