Chapter 23, 3 words

After a few hours of visiting with my dad, I look up at the clock.

Yawning, I look over at them, "Well I appreciate everything but you guys probably have stuff to do."

Teresa nods, "Yes we have plans to explore but we will check in before we leave in a few days."

I get up and hug both of them, before dad lets go he whispers in my ear, "Just a small warning, I know you don't want to hear it. However, Dalton keeps trying to get a hold of you."

I take a deep breath and nod, "Thank you for letting me know. I hope both of you enjoy your time down here."

They wave goodbye to me and I quickly go back to my bed and curl up with Aurora. I try to ignore that fact that weird number was Dalton trying to get ahold of me again. I quickly text Ash the pin to my front door in case I fall asleep.

I cuddled up with Aurora and massage her back, feeling her relax she snuggles up closer to me. I feel her calming me down and soon I drift off into sleep.

I partially wake up as I feel arms wrap around me and a kiss being placed on my shoulder. I can smell Ash's woodsy scent and I relax into his arms scooting back to be as close to him as possible.

Ash chuckles, "Did I wake you princess?"

I smile, "Maybe but I was happy to be woken up by you. What time is it?"

Ash runs his fingers down my arm, "It is almost six pm. Did you want to get some food?"

I roll over wrapping my arms around him and bury my face in his neck, "I would love some food but can you just order it and we stay right here."

Ash kisses me softly, "I am just fine with that love. What are you hungry for?"

I giggle and look up at him, "I want pancakes!"

Ash smiles and pulls out his phone, "Pancakes it is."

I giggle and roll onto my back, "Yay you agree with me on pancakes."

Ash places the order and smiles at me, "You are just so adorable."

I scrunch my nose, "No I am not. I am just craving breakfast food."

Ash puts his hand on my cheek, "Yeah but the way you do it, it's different and special. It's just something I love about you."

I blush and close my eyes, relaxing into his touch. Ash pulls me back into his arms and nestles into my neck. I hold onto him tightly feeling all the anxiety melt away.

I lay my head against him, "Ash?"

"Hmm?" Ash continues tracing circles on my back.

Taking a deep breathe in and out, "Are you scared?"

Ash pulls away just a bit and looks at me, and tucks my hair behind my ear. He looks deep into my eyes and rubs his thumb against my lips.

He leans his head against mine, closing his eyes, "I am scared just as much as you are. Love isn't easy Sage, if it was then something would be wrong. However, even though I am scared. I lay here with you and I feel like I have known you for a lifetime."

I let out a breath, a little speechless, and look at his calm face. He opens his eyes and looks into mine and puts my hand on his heart.

Ash taps my hand, "Sage, we both have our heart in pieces. However, you seem to heal mine somehow and break through my walls each time I am with you. I hope however that slowly I can help heal yours and be there to support you no matter what happens."

With tears running down my cheeks, "I wear my heart on my sleeve. I just don't want to scare you away if I sometimes get too clingy, or if I want to do everything with you. I will pour out all my love to you and try to make you proud, but I will also be there to support you and be by your side. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you are willing to take the time to help me put the pieces back together, but I also have years of childhood trauma. I am not that amazing."

Ash wipes the tears away, "Nobody is perfect, baby. I like you for your soul and who you are. I will be there with you through all the healing and the changes. That's what someone does when they love you."

I meet Ash halfway and crush my lips against his. Ash puts my face in his hands and kisses me as though I am fragile and precious. I let out a small sigh against his lips and he pulls back a bit, leaning his head against mine.

Ash smiles looking down at my hands, "You are so beautiful, kind, brave, courageous, and you do anything to help people. However, you are also so special. I know you are probably going to judge me for saying this soon, but I do love you."

My heart flutters, "I love you too."

Ash hugs me and we fall back onto the bed holding each other. I lay there in his arms with my eyes closed as he plays with my hair. We lay there in silence, waiting for the food, but also just enjoying eachothers company.