Chapter 86

CW: violence, blood, fear, mention of sexual abuse

POV Izuku

Together with their PR advisors, they left the stage and went back to the waiting area. Izuku sensed his mate's unease. Kacchan was about to storm off.

"Where exactly did the bastard show up? What did Kirishima say?" Despite the pheromone patches, the air was filled with the smell of burnt caramel.

The omega stood in front of his partner. "Whatever you're up to now, Kacchan, I'm coming w-with you."

Kacchan blinked a few times and turned his gaze to Izuku. Apparently, the greenette had brought him out of his trance. The alpha grimaced. "Babe, I don't know if this is a good idea after we just ... Maybe you're ... Fuck!"

Nervousness rose in the omega, but he overcame it. "I know that, Kacchan. Still, I'm not g-going to let you storm off alone. Or do you also think I have no business being on a battlefield because I'm an omega?"

"What the hell? Of course not! Don't take what that fucker just said in there to heart. If I hadn't known it would make you uncomfortable, I would have happily told that asshole you bit me first both times, while you even rode me once." The alpha grinned smugly.

"Kacchan!" Izuku's face was hot.

Himari next to them coughed. "Too much information."

"Now all of a sudden ... but earlier you had to film a private conversation of us," Katsuki replied with a snort.

Before either of them could say anything, the ground shook again. The two heroes gave each other a knowing look. "You're physically fit?"

The omega nodded. "Just a little sore, but that doesn't affect me."

Kacchan held his hand out to him. "Go on then." Turning to their PR advisors, he said, "You and the other extras get out to a safe zone. I'll see you later."

Hand in hand, they walked through the deserted corridors of the television studio. They charged through the exit into a backyard. There was the sound of metal bursting and the rumbling sound of rubble behind them. They turned down a side street and ran toward the din of battle.

"What about y-your costume?" Izuku asked.

"There's no time. By the time we get to the agency, the bastard will have disappeared again. I'll get him this time."

"We'll get him this time. I need it as much as you do, Kacchan."

The alpha squeezed his hand. "Okay, Izu. Together we finish it. Overhaul won't get away from us today."

They reached the main street and found themselves in the middle of a battle. The heroes from Katsuki's agency were already on the scene. No wonder, their headquarters was the closest from here.

The road was torn up in numerous places. Water pipes and power lines had been severed, making for an even more dangerous battlefield because the utility company obviously hadn't turned them off yet.

In the midst of the chaos stood Overhaul. His quirk was raging, destroying the street and nearby houses. For a brief moment, fear wanted to overwhelm Izuku, but he fought it down. Kacchan squeezed his hand. "Together we'll get him. Today the asshole is due."

The encouragement helped and Izuku nodded gratefully to his mate.

Mina sprinted to Overhaul and hurled a torrent of acid at him. The villain fought it off and pushed the heroine away. Mina rolled across the floor and landed in one of the puddles, which also contained destroyed power lines. As soon as she came into contact with the water, she cried out and her body jerked.