11|PETER THE FLOWER

Peter and Sirius were still in the kitchen, their eye contact not breaking and with their wands at the ready. They were both just waiting for the other to make the first move. James's cries for Lily soon entered the room and Sirius wished he could be there with him, to help him find her, to support him, anything.

"Peter drop your wand," he hissed at Peter dangerously.

"And why would I do that?" Peter asked calmly.

"Because I am going to make you very sorry, if you don't," Sirius said and narrowed his eyes, "do you really want to find out what the food at Mungo's is like?"

"Sirius I don't think I am going to find out. You see, if you are going to make me fall or anything of the kind, you are going to make it very easy for me to call the death eaters, and then not only Lily will be dead, but you, James, Remus and Harry as well," Peter said and smirked, having overpowered him.

"That's how you thank your friends?" Sirius growled. "By betraying us?"

"I am giving you a choice," Peter said. Sirius could feel his jaw drop for a moment, as he realized that Peter was actually being genuine.

"What do you want from us?" he asked Peter in a quiet and weak tone.

"Well you could go and fetch Harry for me," Peter said, apparently falling for Sirius' bluff.

"And what are you going to do with him?" Sirius croaked as he lowered his wand.

"None of your business Sirius," Peter said simply and Sirius lowered his head nodding.

"I'll go and get them," he said quietly and Peter nodded, his head high up in the air. Sirius was about to turn around to (presumably) get his godson, but then turned back to Peter.

"Is something bothering you Sirius?" Peter asked and Sirius nodded.

"I do have one question," Sirius said and Peter signaled him to continue. "Do you want me to stun them or should I just PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!"

Sirius shot the spell directly at Peter's chest, catching his overconfident former friend off-guard. He laughed at Peter's startled face, as his body fell on the floor.

"I would like to see you try calling your death eater friends now," Sirius smirked, as he stood over him and looked into his huge, surprised eyes.

"You didn't actually think, I was actually going to hand my godson to you just because you seemed to have the power over me, did you? Peter, no matter how many dark lords you serve, you will always be as dumb as a flower... I knew there was something fishy going on for quite a while now... you are quite a rat, aren't you, you bastard. You friend betraying rat bastard! You have no idea how much pain I want to cause you Peter Pettigrew and you should consider yourself lucky, I haven't got the time to deal with such low people at the present moment."

He spat on Peter's face in disgust and muttered the stunning spell.

A jet of red light flew directly into Peters head, knocking him out. Sirius picked up his wand and ran to find James. He sprinted down the hallway, to see him holding on to Lily as tightly as he could, his face buried in her shoulder and his shoulders moving as though he was crying. He didn't understand. If Lily is dead, why are her arms hugging James as well? He was about to go there and ask him, but heard another hissing sound. He turned around to see Remus holding Harry and shaking his head. Sirius walked up to Remus.

"Is she... you know..." he croaked and Remus shook his head again.

"No, she's alive," he said quietly.

"But... I saw the green light go straight at her and..." Sirius started confused.

"Yeah, I thought she might have died as well for a moment," Remus said quietly, "I heard Peter say... it... and I was right behind her, so I was able to pull her back in time..."